Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bendix fuel pump (1966)

Bendix fuel pump (1966)

Is this the correct Bendix fuel pump as used on an early ('66) 911?

Thanks,

Richard

p.s. any one have (a correct) one he/she can part with?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Richard,

That's not correct-- the originals have banjo fittings that thread into the side, and a label in German. The finish is silver zinc.

Finding one is VERY difficult, you would be better served to get a 4psi FACET pump, wire-wheel the yellow cad plating off, clearcoat and use a reproduction sticker with 90 degree elbow fittings.

The very great trouble is that the original pumps don't come up very often and when they do are quite expensive. Originals are NOT solid state, they have interrupter points and a replaceable filter.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Bendix Label

Is there any way to get a small run reprint of the german label? Something like what Robert Gross did for the NLA Weltmiester and Shell decals.

Richard, the fuel pump you pictured is the same size, shape and mount as the original - the difference is the metric vs. SAE thread of the in and out ports.

I'm including this photo of another type of (later) fuel line fittings - the brass 90 degree elbow's that fit the SAE threads. The ones in Johns photo is the good stuff with the banjo's. (Is that Stoddards 67 911S? or Alois' 64 901)
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob, Gary Emory had some decals in german that I believe were exact reproductions of the original. Also, to remove the gold finish from the facet pumps use easy-off oven cleaner. It takes the finish right off. Kevin

Label's

Great info, thanks Kevin.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

I bought the label from NLA, it was a few bucks only.

Bob, good eye, it's Ruf's. Here is Chucks. . .even Parade concours winners aren't perfect. . .
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Bendix

I've got the correct sticker scanned.

I also work at a digital printers so could sort out a short run on chemical proof material if anyone was interested.

Also, my original battered Bendix looks like it's always been gold in colour. Is anyone elses?

I am interested in two stickers.

Richard

OK. I think the best thing to do is everyone let me how many they want. I'm not going to charge anyone for them, I'm happy just to lend a hand. One thing that would help me out is that I could do with sending them to one address in the States and hope you can distribute them to each other through your domestic post, otherwise it'll cost me an arm and a leg in postage! Feel free to add your quantities on your reply.

Count me in.

I will take at least one.

I only have one car that needs it but being on the safe side since I might tear it when applying, I would feel safer with Two.

Thanks
    Scooter