Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 911E Coupe

1969 911E Coupe

Does anyone have any experience with www.parcars.com they have an interesting 1969 911 E coupe?

TIA,

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    I don't know them but that car looks really familiar. I'm pretty sure it is listed somewhere else or just sold or something. The silver body with the poorly repainted door is the obvious clue. The fact that they refer to it as "mint" and "recently restored" are two more clues that may tell you something about the dealer.

Somebody on this board is sure to know thier reputation, I don't.

Can't tell much from those 20' photos either.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

yah for God sakes paint that damn door
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

acegx

Smile 1969 911E Coupe

About "Parcars" in NY. I tried dealing with them on a RS America but did not
    come away with good feelings. They would not answer all the questions and asked them to email additional pictures at least 3 times of which they never did. It turned out the car apparently had been hit. I think they exaggerate their products personally, but then maybe it was just that one time..

I have never bought a car from these guys but I have had them low ball me on ones I have had up for sale.
    Phil

I was interested in that car, so I asked a couple of detailed questions. None of my questions was answered. Their reply was: "this car is obviously not perfect enough for you. thank you for your interest."
    That said enough for me......
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

For historical reference...

"Porsche 911 "E" Coupe 1969 $24,900 Silver Black 33,350 A Mint early 911E coupe which has been recenly restored. Priced at half the cost of the restoration. Owner needs to move this car soon. In stock"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Hey guys, long time stalker but first time poster...

I was actually going to write something about this car a month or 2 ago when I went to check it out. I have been looking for a moderately priced silver or grey 911E or S for some time and I thought this was the one. It was originally priced at 35k but it has been slowly reduced to its current price (for reasons I now understand). I knew something wasn't right when I got there expecting an E and it was badged as an S. Turns out the car is originally an E but had at one point been subject to theft and the engine was removed. From what I can remember, the current engine is an E case but has been fitted with webers and modified to S specs in terms of displacement, pistons, etc. The guy at PAR, who I thought was actually very nice, showed me all the receipts from the engine and restoration work (which totaled at least 35-40k). The car drove fairly well and was pretty quick. That being said, there were obvious flaws including the poor door respray from an accident, the fact that the owner had cut holes in the doors for speakers and never bothered to put them in, and of course the non-matching everything. I think the car might actually be a decent value for someone just looking for a driver but it just had too many stories for me.

Also wanted to say thanks to all the regular contributors on here. My knowledge of the early 911 has easily doubled thanks to you guys. This site is a great resource. (and if anyone has a silver or slate grey E or S they are getting tired of, you know where to find me)

Clint

Well let's say it is a little difficult to reconcile your description with the words mint and recently restored.
    Phil

I've been to PAR several times over the years. Seems fine me but I never bought a car there, no problems with the cars just that they seem mostly to deal with newer Porsches so nothing for me. The owner Paul is a PCA member and also a club racer up here. Currently my brother is hot on a 65 shelby repro they have.
    Tom