Thread: Anyone in Dallas?

Anyone in Dallas?

I've got a headhunter after me about a fairly good job in Dallas. Never been there and I have lived my entire life in the Seattle-Tacoma area.

What's Dallas like besides hot? Is there a Porsche community?

Thanks and all the best!
    Sharon
    Sharonkerry
    Eng - '73.5 911T Coupe - Light Yellow
    '12 VW GTI Midnight Blue Metalic
    S Reg #1036

Casual Ts #2

I spend a great deal of time in Austin now away from LA and the P car community is tiny here compared to there. Dallas is a very large city and while I don't like it because of geography and weather etc. there probably is a much larger P community there than in Austin.

Summers can be pretty hot and this winter has been pretty cold. Big drought going on in Texas right now too. Having been to Seattle many times you can not compare it to Dallas. That will be a tough transition IMO/

Good luck with your decision.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hi Sharon,
    Yes, Dallas is hot, however it is snowing as I write this. There is a large and active Porsche community. PCA is active in all areas of interest, Club racing, DE, autocross, tours, social, and community activity. At this time there is one CC format track (Motorsport Ranch) and two others under construction within an hour drive, plus TMS. There are 3 dealers and many good shops in the area. DFW is a large area so it will depend on where you are located and how far you want to travel for service.
    Regards,
    Bob Aines
    214-763-4429

In Austin you dont have all the unique cliques like RGruppe/early 911s etc. and the many PCA clubs. Here it is pretty much just one P group that covers the entire city and all yrs and models. More of a social thing than car specific. Nice thing is that even modern P car owners wave at ea other. Boxsters,everything (except maybe soccer moms in Cayennes). Only one dealership in town so its a small community like the old days of the early 911.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thanks guys!

We'll see where this goes. It would probably be a total shock for me. I love the NW, but this job is very interesting.
    Sharon