Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: POC does Cal Speedway Infield!

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by gulf911
    STS Students

Only 30 students can be accepted to this event. All must be pre-registered and must contact Marty Mehterian, Chief Driving Instructor by March 10th. To arrange for an instructor, you MUST CALL Marty Mehterian, @ 818.785.4445

This is from the POC site for the event at Cal Speedway.
    Why the ?

Chris -- See you there!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Gburner
    I noticed Speed Ventures is selling sessions for that Saturday only.
    In fact on the CS site SV is listed at renting the track that weekend.
    http://www.californiaspeedway.com/tr.../track_rental/
    Can you tell us the cost to enter with POC and how long and how many run sessions to expect?
    Is this a TT with Sunday afternoon used for timed laps?
    I could not find the info on the POC site?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    Why the ?

Chris -- See you there!
    I guess because your post above stated no students, so I was confused as to which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    I noticed Speed Ventures is selling sessions for that Saturday only.
    In fact on the CS site SV is listed at renting the track that weekend.
    http://www.californiaspeedway.com/tr.../track_rental/
    Can you tell us the cost to enter with POC and how long and how many run sessions to expect?
    Is this a TT with Sunday afternoon used for timed laps?
    I could not find the info on the POC site?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Dear Mr. Gagen,
    It looks like 295.00 for the weekend, 175.00 for one day, must have POC membership (75.00). 5 run sessions 4 of them are POC 1 for Speed Venture... POC runs 2 separate STS events 1 for each day. They also may have changed the timed run format to your best time for the day is used.

look here.... http://www.porscheclub.com/events/Ev...SE76-Info.html

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by gulf911
    Dear Mr. Gagen,
    It looks like 295.00 for the weekend, 175.00 for one day, must have POC membership (75.00). 5 run sessions 4 of them are POC 1 for Speed Venture... POC runs 2 separate STS events 1 for each day. They also may have changed the timed run format to your best time for the day is used.
    Thanks Dan,
    I'm interested, maybe they will change the track config on the 2nd day, cool.
    So how much track time per day are you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    Thanks Dan,
    I'm interested, maybe they will change the track config on the 2nd day, cool.
    So how much track time per day are you expecting?
    I don't know, but you may be right about the 3 sessions @ 25minutes. If I remember POC sometimes would run 15-20minute sessions, which would be about 4 sessions in 7 hours?? assuming 9-5 with lunch. Anyway I would love to run the infield but 2nd gear synco is about gone, may still try and go though. Give me a heads up if you go.

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Sorry for any confusion I created by my initial post. The earliest post on the POC website stated "No newbies." So I wrongly assumed that meant no students. But it's very cool students will be included.

A normal POC STS event is 1st session = 15 minutes. Session 2 = 20 minutes. With lap times counting toward Class wins if you're using a transponder. Then lunch. Session 3 and 4 after lunch, 20 minutes each, again, lap times count toward Class wins. Then, depending on how the early sessions went and if there were any major track delays, there is a 5th Session for 20 minutes, but those lap times don't count toward a class win.

Students run sessions 1-4 with their in-car instructor. If the instructor feels like they're competent, they can allow their student to run solo for session 5.

It's a long day. When we run this way at Streets, I tend to get at least 50 laps in. I'm dead tired by Session 5.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    Sorry for any confusion I created by my initial post. The earliest post on the POC website stated "No newbies." So I wrongly assumed that meant no students. But it's very cool students will be included.

A normal POC STS event is 1st session = 15 minutes. Session 2 = 20 minutes. With lap times counting toward Class wins if you're using a transponder. Then lunch. Session 3 and 4 after lunch, 20 minutes each, again, lap times count toward Class wins. Then, depending on how the early sessions went and if there were any major track delays, there is a 5th Session for 20 minutes, but those lap times don't count toward a class win.

Students run sessions 1-4 with their in-car instructor. If the instructor feels like they're competent, they can allow their student to run solo for session 5.

It's a long day. When we run this way at Streets, I tend to get at least 50 laps in. I'm dead tired by Session 5.
    Thanks Sandy!
    I am a bit worried about the amount of cars on the track (25) at one time for such a short track, at just over 1 minute per lap? This seems very crowded, am I thinking right? Also if you want a lot of driving time try a PCA San Diego Region TT, 3 run groups 25-30 minute sessions, 6-7 sessions per day...

Mike,

4 run sessions probably 20-25 mins per run session, and this is per day. With the competitive spirit running high, most drivers are pretty tired by the end of the second day.....and yes it's your best lap of the day, and usually the first session does not count, so you have 3 sessions to prove yourself in. It's a blast!!!!!!!!!!
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Gburner
    I just got off the phone with Marty Mehterian the STS CDI.
    Just as you guys said with the run sessions.
    Your best lap in session 3 ,4 or 5 is your time for the day.
    He was not sure if they would change the track config for the 2nd day.
    Marty offered that all I would need is a check out ride first session in the student group.
    That completed he would "let me go".
    Looks real good to me......