Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DRIVERS Wanted: SOW in March

DRIVERS Wanted: SOW in March

I am STILL looking into a track day at SOW.

I spoke with Willow. The price is approx. $4000.00, midweek. It includes track/insurance/Fire/EMS/corner workers. Fire/EMS and Corner workers are required. We do it a few more times, they will drop the requirement.

I am looking to get 20-30 S Registry/R Gruppe members. I know we can always attach ourselves to another group i.e. OTR/NASA/ACRA/Jeff Trask group end of March, etc. I would rather do it just us. Members I spoke with feel more comfortable knowing who is in front of us/behind us. Drive whatever you are bringing, 911,993,996,Miata, etc.

Do the math $4k between the 20 drivers = $200.00 per driver. Any left over money goes to a Subway Sandwich type lunch. Obviously anything over the 20, price goes down accordingly. This is not a money making event.
    Just friends out on the track, driving the cars they built faster, SAFER, in a controlled environment.

We are looking at March 20, Tuesday, or March 21, Wed. The most popular day wins.

People who are committed to either day are:
    1 Ray Crawford
    2 Will Sanchez
    3 Nick Reed
    4 Lars W.

When I get ALL $4,000.00, I will reserve the track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

I will throw my .02 in for Tuesday 3/20. I can't make Wed. 3/21....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

narrow the options

Lets just make it for Tuesday the 20th. Johnny Rizz, we want you there....Your name brings the total to 5 for Tuesday.

Who else can make it March 20?? REALLY, we have to have at least 20

If not, this will be cancelled due to lack of interest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Man I was hoping that that this event would be mid April. If it happens not to get the interest (highly unlikely) and gets rescheduled I would probably be able to clear my schedule. I could probably do the 21st but the Red Rooster trumps the Stay Puff any day of the week.
    You guys have fun and post plenty of pictures of the days events!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Ray,

I would love to do this... if I could play hooky from the 'Mouse'

However, I'm considering the 2nd POC Short Track Event of the year two or three days later (24th/25th) for the first time at the infield at the CA Speedway...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=14101

So for me it kind'a turns the weekday into a 3 day event for the car... ... Not sure about that.

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I too am planning to run the Cal Speedway STS event the weekend following the Tuesday track day so I will think long and hard on this. Tuesday's are also generally tough for me work wise. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Thanks for all the kind understanding guyz....very appreciated...honest...

In consideration of both Chuck & Cris's concerns...and I know exctly where yer comin from on this..... back in the day....when the very first RGruppe track day was held (Jan '04) on a Monday, the previous two days Mikey G, Hayden Burvill (Wevo) and myself all participated in a PCA 2-day TT at SoW and The Monday RGruppe deal was our 3rd day in a row...but now we were over on the Big track.....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I'd be in, but set the date out a couple of months and you'll get better participation. We set the 912/356 March 28th date back in November and we'll be fully suscribed.
    Various Porsche's

I'm gonna have to go with a vote for Wednesday the 21st.

Wednesday track days are just easier to schedule on my end.

Thanks for doing the footwork!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Gburner
    I'm just watching from the sidelines.
    I'm more interested in the Gruppe than the track, so if we can herd a bunch of core Gruppe guys to SOW I'll be there too, either day.
    A SOW track day is a great way to vent the upcoming SLO prove it on the street compitition.
    It's the perfect time to kick tires and tell lies in the pits between run sessions.