Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '67S Ready to Restore on eBay...

'67S Ready to Restore on eBay...

No affiliation...VIN Number: 308016S

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Good one to watch

It's at $15k and climbing with days to go for this restoration project.

It seems like it should be a good one to restore but how much will the person have to spend in the end since it needs the motor redone, paint, probably some interior stuff and who knows what else. No skinny fuchs! Seller states a rebuilt trans and brake calipers.

So, if this went for $15k and you spent $25k for restoring, your into it for $40k. Looking at this at the low end, I guess it would be a good deal??? But the auctions not over yet and when restoring you sometimes get surprises! Add at least 10 to 25 percent to the estimates.

I like the paperwork. But it is a two owner car now. Soon to be three.

Bid if you want it. I'm not.
    Scooter

wow. this looks like a perfect all original car! I like the color too and especially that it is a 67' S. I think this car has a great potential for a full restoration. All the documentation is there too! You don't usually see all those warranty papers and manuals with these cars. Wonder why the engine is out though??

I have been outbid at $15K. I would expect to spend nearer to $40K restoring this car to the condition that I would want.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Nick, I am with you. And I suspect your $40k resto is on the low side. Maybe that is you doing the work for yourself and having the good fortune of all the original parts necessary coming with the car.
    Let's see:
    Rebuilt engine = $10-12k (including heat exchangers and exhaust)
    Rebuilt tranny, clutch etc.. = $1,500+ (the guy says the tranny was rebuilt 20 yrs ago. That means it needs to be opened up again)
    Carb's rebuilt = $500+
    Brakes = $2k
    Suspension = $1.5k
    Interior = $3.5+
    Gauges= $1k+
    Wheels= $5k (for real 4.5's cleaned up by Harvey)
    Turn Signals and brake lights= $1k or more if you can find them
    Body = $15k (ball park guess) Remember, everything will need to be taken off the car and put back on. That won't be an easy or cheap job. Or fun...

That's $43k+ right there + the $15k bid which already puts you at $58k.

I am guessing that after all of the wiring and electricals have been sorted out, all of the new rubber and trim have been bought, after new glass etc is factored in, another $3-5k in chroming costs, screw, washers, powder coating etc. you are looking at probably closer to $50k.

So now you have a really nice 67S for $65k+. Is it worth it? I would say yes. But that's just the sickness in me speaking

67S for $65k+. Is it worth it? I would say yes

Tempt me with such an offer for my 2 owner '67S which is turn key, matching # and ) miles on rebuilt S engine (now 2.1L). Basket weave leather Recaro Sport Seats , 4.5" Fuchs and a set of deep 6 with 67 wheel paint scheme. Silver and black int. I will not sell for less than the above figure.
    Vollgas!

sold,wheren can i pick it up is a cashiers check o.k.

I have a restoration business. No way you hoestly can restore this car for $ 40K. We pay for body work and paint alone $ 20K.

Still worth doing even if you end up with a $ 80K investment - yes, investment, not expense.
    harold
    1972 911T, MFI blue
    1973 911T, MFI sepia
    1973 911T, MFI yellow
    4 early engines

I have a restoration business
    It's what I do too. Maybe restoration prices are lower here in England? It helps that all work is done in-house
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk