Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

HSR @ Sebring

I was going to go, and was in fact trying to organize a gathering of Early 911's in conjunction with Klub Sport. However, this race being so close to the 12 Hours, most everyone is not excited about coming to Sebring twice. In addition, Gold Coast PCA added a DE at Moroso this weekend. That took care of me as it will be the first track day for my recently completed car.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

I have been to this event and it is fantastic. Please note, Juan can drive. This I know. His times are great and he makes it look so easy. I found out it's not so easy. It is a great event with lots of early Porsches.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Songhoh, Jezz you'll inflate my (alter) ego ....

Are coming over?
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

I'm going to have to pass this time. As you know we are in the middle of going up to our other house in Charlotte, NC. But I will see you at the
    12 Hours, right?
    For others following this thread, the last event at Sebring was at the end of last year. Juan invited a few of us up from S Florida and we gladly accepted. We always like Sebring but I think alot of the atmosphere is lost on modern machinery. The vintage events seem to capture this feeling again. You never know who is racing these cars. Alot of the competitores are the usual suspects, but at the last Klub Sport event I found Jurgen Barth on the drivers list. Juan's times were comparable and in some cases, faster. Juan does have about 275 HP in his car so you bet he can drive.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

I actually beat Mr. Barth in the Klub Sport race when I got 2nd 911. I was surprised when he came over in the pit lane to congratulate me. That was pretty neat !

Songhoh, I won't be making it to the 12 hours. I was hopng to race in the vintage event during the weekend but is now handled by SVRA and my car does not qualify.

I'm picking up my 69S from the shop that weekend also (rebuilt MFI pump and other small things). We should all try to get together down here soon.

Cheers, Juan
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion