Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible August RGruppe/S Gathering???

Possible August RGruppe/S Gathering???

I'd like to toss this out on the table. Maybe in early August I'd like to open my home and host a destination point for an RGruppe/S gathering/party/tour. I have two acres of paved space, a large warehouse to stash the cars for either overnite or for weather issues, a large house with a large heated pool and this ol boy knows how to BBQ. I'm within 20 minutes of Niagara Falls and beside Buffalo, NY on the Canadian side. Great location for a tour. Lots of hotels around too. Got a wireless network as well here. I can accomodate as many or as few that would like to come.

If this sounds like a possibility talk to me folks. I'd be more than happy to do my part to put it all together.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

That would be fun...

To rort around in a neat part of the northeast...
    I go to Maine at least annually to visit family - up on Penobscot Bay.

Keep us all posted...long shot I could come down and ride along w/somebody.

Great Idea!
    Cheers
    Thom

My calendar runneth over this year, but I'd certainly try to squeeze it in if it comes off. Keep us updated.
    Bill Leavitt
    Early 911S Registry #1083
    1969 S... when it left the factory

"If you build it, they will come"

Paul,

thank you for your generous offer and hospitality. I think there's enough of you East Coast Guys to come together and hold a gathering such as what you described. Let's put this in the R Gruppe calendar of events and make it official.

Your initiative to put this event just may well be what it takes to bring some of your fellow R Gruppe guys in your neck of the woods to come and play. I sent you a PM regarding this, so let's go forward with this and make it happen.

Part of the inspiration to put the first R Gruppe event in Cambria back in May of 2000 was an old Kevin Costner movie titled, "Field of Dreams".

A phrase from that movie was a motivation for me to put the event together and invite early 911 car guys to come together for a weekend of fun.

So take it to heart and remember, "if you build it, they will come". I know and can speak with a lot of authority as my R Gruppe guys have been coming together for the last 6 years. It sometimes all boils down to someone, like you taking the lead and making it happen.

Thank you for taking the initiative and you have my full support and approval.

best to you,

Cris Huergas
    R Gruppe # 002
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact]CRIS

EVENT IS ON PEOPLE

Go to: http://maps.google.com/ and plug in 3272 Bowen Rd, Stevensville, Ontario zoom in and click the satellite icon at top right of the window and you'll see my location. Note that it's the property beside the large pond with the island. First or second week of August will be the date. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at a Saturday/Sunday arrangement (my business will be open Saturday until 3pm est). There's much to see and do around here as I live in the midst of a major tourist attraction/destination.

This location is central to the east coast and the midwest. There's just enough distance to make a great road trip for everyone. Anyone wanting to fly in, come to Buffalo, NY and I'll arrange for pickup and return. Remember you'll need a passport now to fly.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the east and midwest come together.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Hey Paul - what a great offer! Midwest R Gruppe goes international!

Curt E and I were just talking about what a full schedule there is this year, one could pretty much do a P related thing every weekend! Let's fit this in and make it work, I have a passport (req'd now) and am game. Will they let us unruly Americans cross over to your peaceful country with vintage license plates and sport mufflers? I think that loud ride through the Windsor/Detroit tunnel will be worth it alone!!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

You don't need a passport to fly 14 inches off the ground .... only for airplane travel. The Windsor tunnel is a good crossing. I used it for the NAIAS show no problems. The use of loud exhaust is highly encouraged and welcomed. Also note that for any mechanical issues I have a fair amount of tools and equipment here available on site.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schooley
    First or second week of August will be the date. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    First weekend (Aug 4-5) would work better for me, I'm off to a m/c rally in New England the following weekend. But I'm sure there are others in exactly the opposite position. Nature of the beast...
    You don't need a passport to fly 14 inches off the ground .... only for airplane travel.
    ...tho' a passport makes things go a lot smoother. If you don't have a passport, take a copy of your birth certificate. I've been able to get across on just a driver's license as recently as last September, but State Dept. recommends at least a birth certificate and photo id in lieu of a passport. Remember - getting into Canada isn't the problem, it's getting back into the US where trouble will arise. But even 14" flight elevation will require a passport starting New Year's Day 2008. May as well get one now, the new ones are good for 10 years.
    Bill Leavitt
    Early 911S Registry #1083
    1969 S... when it left the factory

Hey Paul - I've added this to our Midwest Calender of Events. Like Jared said, we've got a really full season planned, but no events in August. Let me know when you pin down a date.

I took the liberty of naming this the 'CanAm' event.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cris Huergas
    Your initiative to put this event just may well be what it takes to bring some of your fellow R Gruppe guys in your neck of the woods to come and play.
    Kudos Paul! I'll do my best to make the "CanAm".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA