I just went thru a shipper’s nightmare, before I tell you what happened I just want to say: When shipping any valuable item please properly pack and INSURE your item! Here’s why…

In early January we shipped a Jaguar MK 120 hood to England to get the proper louvers installed. I built a custom crate 2’ x 2’ x 6’. Not a small box by any means. After properly securing the hood in the crate we addressed the lid with a black Sharpie (just in case the shipping label came off) called FedEx to pick it up and away it went. In a couple of weeks the job was finished and the same crate was shipped back again via FedEx. After a few day’s we thought the crate should have been here so we tracked the box. “Released from customs a few day’s ago was all the info we could get. A few days later no box and still the same info on the tracking. We called customer service and guess what? They lost the box! Excuse me, but how in the Hell can you loose a 2’x2’x 6’ crate??????? After spending several very frustrating hours we discovered that FedEx has several subsidiary’s, we were “International Heavy Fright” not that it mattered any, the still lost the frigging box! We did eventually discover that the crate was opened in Customs and FedEx now thinks the hood came out of the crate, but still no hood and no crate! So I got to thinking, What if they put the return address on the other side of the lid with a sharpie like we did and when customs put the lid back on it went back to England? Hmmmm. Put the original tracking number in and Viola! It went back to England on Feb 8th! I wish this was the end of the story, but it only gets worse. FedEx says it was redelivered and signed for back in England, the shipper claims it never came back. So as far as FedEx is concerned it’s delivered, end of story. The shipper say’s no one signed for it and it’s not there. And of course here we are with no hood and an event coming up in a few weeks.
An insurance claim is in the works, but they will probably loose that too…

So. Please properly pack and insure your items, and maybe you might just want to send someone along with it to be sure.