Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Early 911 Roll Bar

FS: Early 911 Roll Bar

Correct and exact replica of early 911 factory roll bar (Option Code 9535) for 1966–1971 911 without sunroof (1972-1973 version had an additional diagonal strut). New and unused - still in original wrapping. Satin black powder coated. Includes mounting feet (not shown). In Los Angeles. US$499. Can be shipped within continental U.S. for approx $120.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1969 Roll Bar

Hello, I am curious about the roll bar. I have one in my 69 that looks to be an exact duplicate of what is listed in the 1969 PET. It has the diagonal that you refer to as being only 72/73. The PET shows the diagonal. I am just wondering which is correct to satisfy my own curiousity. Thanks.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

I have never seen a diagonal that early - but I could be wrong. The diagonal bar was never very popular in Europe and in fact you can still compete in FIA-sanctioned historic races and rallies without one per the current 2007 Appendix K regulations.

Is this a TRE bar? Can you post a pic of the wedge plates for securing rollbar feet. Cool piece

This is indeed a TRE bar and in fact it's still located at TRE, so I can't easily get a picture. They are flat 1/4" plates with four tapped holes the exact size and shape of the feet shown in the picture above. They are welded to the floor and, because of their low profile, can be covered by carpet if the bar is removed from the car. I sold my '67 before I took delivery of the roll bar (gone but not forgotten).

Hans1,
    I tried to pull just the roll bar page out of the PET and post it here, but I could not save just that page. The part number listed for 69MY cars without a sunroof is 901.803.015.21 and the drawing shows a diagonal. If anyone is interested, I can scan the page and post here. Otherwise, this is just an FYI post.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

I'd like to see it Scott.

Thanks,
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Henry,

I am curious:

Your '87 Carrera Coupe is listed as "Triple Black" (Dreier Schwartz) - I have heard this term applied to Cabriolets (i.e Black soft top, Black body and Black interior) and old Silver Shadows (i.e Black everflex roof covering, Black body and Black interior), and I would include the possibility of a 356 Coupe being Triple Black if it was Black-on-Black with Black square-weave carpet, as opposed to the available red or oatmeal carpet, but what third item makes an '87 Coupe Triple Black?

You are correct, strictly speaking. "Triple black" refers to black cabs with black interior and soft top. This has been often been applied to black coupes as well, with black interior and headliner (originally, the headliner was only available in white.)

When I was in school, I had a head-on shot of a black 959 above my desk. All black, just those big white headlights standing out - wicked!
    So, I've always wanted an all black unspoilered coupe. I love the mean look (people actually pull over to let me pass, and no, I'm not tailgaiting ), but yes, it is quite a job to keep looking clean. Flannel cover and duster help.

I especially liked the fact that all the black trim highlight pieces on the eighties cars blended in, making a black Carrera the closest "looking" thing you could have to an Early car. Look at a black and other color Carrera from a distance next time.

See, I was an EarlyS guy all along.........pic of the day of the barn find
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

The L looks great. Does it have the elephant hide dash trim?