Thread: 70-71 2.2 911E Mechanical Fuel Injection pump/stacks MFI

70-71 2.2 911E Mechanical Fuel Injection pump/stacks MFI

1970 911E 2.2L MFI

Pump # 0408 126 010. This pump appears to have been rebuilt at one point, more recent yellow marks if that means anything, it turns over very nice as it should and smooth with no weird lumps. No damage or modification.

MFI stacks: 32mm ports, no corrosion/pitting seen anywhere on them

All 6 hard lines included as well as the fuel filter console

$1200 plus shipping - allaircooled@yahoo.com

Anyone been to the MFI Academy? I never realized star trek geeks liked MFI so much: http://maquis.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any difference between the 2.2E MFI and 2.4E mfi set-up besides the possibility that the 2.4E thtrottle bodies are magnesium on the 197-72 and the 73 are plastic? Could a 2.2E MFI set-up be used on a 2.4?

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Any difference between the 2.2E MFI and 2.4E mfi set-up besides the possibility that the 2.4E thtrottle bodies are magnesium on the 197-72 and the 73 are plastic? Could a 2.2E MFI set-up be used on a 2.4?
    yes.but would bench test and/or rebuild as required first.

------------------------
    Peter Kaufmann
    '73 911E fully rebuilt 2.7RS carrera mfi spec

Hello: The 2.2 pump will work on the 2.4 with no problem. I can hear it now " no you can't". Yes you can and all you have to do is adjust it. You can also take a 2.2 S pump and adjust it for a street 2.7 RS conversion. Thankls Eric

I'm not a MFI expert yet. I bought a 70 911S this summer and I am really getting into MFI lately. -Many of the guys here know much more than I presently do.

I can say physical fitment is the same. It should bolt up and work, whether the fuel maps are the same and if it will run right with your cams is another thing. It would be recommended to have everything rebuilt and the pump set to your car. That being said, this setup is very clean and in above average condition. The pump spins just as it should. The stacks look to have no corrosion damage.

I am a professional Porsche tech with an emphasis on vintage cars, also an exotic car dealer so I am around this type of stuff daily - I have credibility in my words.

I will be up at the SO Cal event all this weekend if you wanna see it in person.

I also have a 69 911S MFI pump, #005, it is seized and only spins half way around but it is a desirable pump, anyone want it for $1000?