Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Percussion...CRANK UP THE SOUND BOYZ

OK...........buzzkill.........

oh please....

because the sound of percussion is just like the sound of a 6 cyl aircooled engine...

pure magic...........daddy'o

Smile

As a frustrated 'furniture' percussionist I think this is one hell'of'a thread... and I've followed every link....

For me it's Russ Kunkel, Michael Giles, Billy Higgins, Art Taylor, Tony Williams, and Art Blakey....

But I think it is time to move it ... and still enjoy it down the hall......

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Sounded much like my '69 before I had the throttle bodies and mfi rebuilt. Actually my car still sounds like that when it's cold.

Loved Phil with Brand X. But I'd have to say Terry Bozzio for super human chops and Vinnie Colaiuta (on Sting's "Ten Summoner's Tales") for musicality. Bernard Purdie (w. Steely Dan on Aja) really grooves too.

Ah music. The next best thing to P cars.
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

Speaking of Porsches and music, are these air cooled or water cooled guitars?

http://www.surfneptune.com/utah.html
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

LOL...I knew it was only a matter of time before someone moved the thread My bad for posting it in the wrong section so whammy on me! It's great to see others who enjoy someone beatin on a set of cans like I do. My son thinks I'm nuts cause I crank it up enough to shake da haus!
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Check Brain and Primus...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

well looks like we have been relegated to the dark side....

AT...those are some fantastic drummers...

and Big Wave Dave is definitely playing a dual flat 6 air machine

Rock On

Lot's of great drummers, but there's Buddy Rich, master of the drum roll. Here's 9 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnEsBVsaVWo&NR

Sherwood

That Mangini fellow is pretty fast, but I've only heard him in solo situations. Can someone point me to where he's part of a musical group?

I saw his winning NAMM video for number of beats/min. Somehow this strikes me like the Kenny G world record for circular breathing.

Sherwood

well I guess we have been relegated to the dark side...

AT ....Big Wave Dave is definitely playing a flat 6 dual aircooled..

Paul...thanks for starting this thing....your son is the crazy one....your just a man on a mission.....jamming just isn't fun with out the volume...rock on man