Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '74 RS 3.0 Carrera

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    The other car a bargain at $250K? I think not. There just isn't near the interest in these cars as the '73 RS. Then there's the question of whether the '73 RS prices have gotten out of control and are due for a correction but I digress. Perhaps it's the association with the weaknesses in '74-'77 911's that keeps these cars "a bargain"? I'd love to own one and put it on the track. I'm sure a few hundred thousand dollars short at the moment. Anyone wanna bet that this one won't sell for a dime over $250,000?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    The other car a bargain at $250K? I think not. There just isn't near the interest in these cars as the '73 RS. Then there's the question of whether the '73 RS prices have gotten out of control and are due for a correction but I digress. Perhaps it's the association with the weaknesses in '74-'77 911's that keeps these cars "a bargain"? I'd love to own one and put it on the track. I'm sure a few hundred thousand dollars short at the moment. Anyone wanna bet that this one won't sell for a dime over $250,000?
    you maybe wrong there...? i know of one of these, looks exactly the same orginal/unrestored except rhd ( 1/6 in the world) two owner from new,38000 klms and i believe purchased for aus$220k in circa 1992-1993. as rare as the proverbial , "rocking horse ****."

-------------------------------
    Peter Kaufmann
    '73 911E fully rebuilt 2.7RS carrera mfi specs,

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    I may be wrong. But in this country, I feel like there's a real bias against non-turbo cars produced between '74-'77. I mean, will anyone on this board make an offer on that car? I doubt it.

So, you wanna take my bet?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

'73 RSRs are $6-800K...........'74 RSRs aren't far behind that.......personally I think that RS 3.0L is worth $350-375K.

I hope you're right Sandy........maybe the market will tank and I'll get my SC/RS......
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Aaron -- I'm STILL lusting for that gold 3.0 RS you sold. That car was AWESOME! Maybe a '74 RS clone in gold is in my future...
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I do like the white with gold script better........but Mexico blue and gold is my favorite........

This car is BOSS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook

Aaron,
    I'm curious what are SC/RS's worth these days.
    Phil

Hey Phil......they don't come up much but I think they are around $200K.

They factory only made 20 SC/RSs but there are some "extra" cars floating around that were built at David Richards Autosport (now Prodrive)........DRA prepared all the Rothmans sponsored rally cars.

Make sense?

Here's one of my faves......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook

I'll put one of those on my "wish" list as well. I remember when those were introduced, neat car.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    I may be wrong. But in this country, I feel like there's a real bias against non-turbo cars produced between '74-'77. I mean, will anyone on this board make an offer on that car? I doubt it.

So, you wanna take my bet?
    Knowing both the seller and the car, I'll take your bet.

Mark