Thread: FS Wingnuts...Really! Ground strap

FS Wingnuts...Really! Ground strap

Missing your (wing) NUTS guys?

These are NLA NOS Wingnuts for the two battery ground cables for a '70 and up 911, two per car. Leave it to Porsche to spec. a high quality practical wingnut that is 1.5" or 38mm wing to wing, that is one you can actually tighten by hand-very convenient for disconnecting your batteries from time to time.I searched local hardware stores and only found wimpy, crappy U.S. like 3/4" wing to wing nuts and then I located a small lot of OEM ones. Maybe you guys in Europe have access to such things but not here. Interestingly the finish was rather rough and gray when I got them, not much like the nice patina on the (only) one I had (why do these things go missing!) Anyway, I lightly buffed them and now they look exactly like the nice patina one I have. Two per car. $8.00 each or $15.00 for two in U.S. $13 AND $20 respectively outside U.S. I only have a few so let me know. Email direct DrRSR@aol.com Thanks.
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

nuts

e-mail sent
    bob m
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

my originals on the car are gray and rough, perhaps from age and battery fumes
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Wing nuts

Boxster,

Hum, well maybe the later parts were grey and rough, that is what the ones I got looked like or maybe with handling (seems like it would take a lot) they look like the one I had on my '72. Anyway, the grey and rough ones, IMHO, didn't look very good--it was like the casting "flash" was never removed and, as I mentioned, my "factory supplied original" one looked nice. Probably, they are both "correct"

-Allen-

All sold out

I sold the 10 sets I had. Thanks to the list and hope they help make all our 911s more authentic.

-Allen-

I have a good supply of the "large ear" new wing nuts for battery ground straps, not OEM Porsche, but from OE hardware supplier. I believe they are clear zinc plated.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.