Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWB sport seat with Headrest option?

SWB sport seat with Headrest option?

Was there such a thing as the SWB sport seat's with the optional attached headrests ala 356 style?

Reason I ask is I'm considering having my 71 model sport seat's redone SWB style to go with my 67 better, but I really do prefer having some sort of headrest. Thought this might be a nice compromise.

could you possibly post a picture of your seats for the 71 my.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    could you possibly post a picture of your seats for the 71 my.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Pics? Just this crappy one.

Maybe somebody would trade me these for some proper SWB one's??

thanks for pics are your side bolsters covered with perforated vinyl?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

No perforations. Strange in that pic though, the close one does look like it may. These were taken out of a 71S and are all original.

Bingo! Started digging through some old publications and found some. I knew I'd seen this somewhere before. Sport seat's with screw on headrests.. sweet.! That's what I want.

Like what Tom posted too.

thanks, the perforation discussion has been going on for a long time. I have 70 seats with original centers that match yours but the side bolsters were redone before I saw the originals and they were done in non-perforated vinyl so maybe they are correct (sans patina of course)
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I believe that this red S used to be Jim Van Orsdol (SWBS) and is now owned by Randy Stenson. maybe they can chime in?
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Interesting! My father bought that mag for me (Feb 96) and it's what really started my obsession with the early 911. I was only Twenty then and had a 240Z, didn't know anything about 911's, but man did I want that one.

Oddly enough, I never knew the specifics of the 911 line and had all but forgotten about that article when I stumbled into the purchase of my 67S three years ago. Dug out the old mag and realized I had bought almost the exact car I had dreamed about.. sans sunroof, leather sport seats, and oh, a beautiful paint job. Otherwise, a dream realized.