Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 73 911S/RS with 74-75 Euro RS 2.7 Motor

73 911S/RS with 74-75 Euro RS 2.7 Motor

Appreciate honest feedback on this car. Anyone know its history? I'm considering getting it.

http://www.europeancollectables.com/..._inv_id=Po1750
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aloha,

Craig "Doc" Goodman

Navy Flyer
    Early 911S Registry #795
    R Gruppe #395
    '72 911 RS Replica "Grandma", 3.3L, notable race history

Sorry don't know any history on this one but the motor is a '75 911/83 motor not a '74, as stated in the ad, not that it matters really.

Looks like a fun package and a 911S chassis with a 911/83 motor is a better combination than a 'T' chassis with a RS spec motor built out of a 'T' motor with Webbers.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    I don't know the car, but if it was for sale as collectors like 'em - an original (albeit restored) 73S with all it's factory equipment (motor) - it wouldn't go for this kind of money. I don't think an RS-ified S should go for more than the real thing. In other words, the RS stuff does not add any value to the car... it detracts IMHO, therefore it's overpriced.

Looks nice though! RS looks for a lot less if that's what you want.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Nice car, price way out of line. If that is worth 90K than my 73 S race car is being rebuilt as a street car tomorrow.
    Phil

Phil,

Don't change your racecar .....its too sharp looking, you'd regret it !!!

Chuck

'73 -911S/RS Euro 911/83

Craig , I just saw the car for the first time in person myself this past sunday , but thats not the first time I perused it so to speak ..
    Yes European Collectibles has the car restored to a high standard ,it had previously been painted and mechanically rebuilt by Precision Auto in
    Gardena Ca.
    An independent flipper of sorts bought it from Precision whom had taken it in
    trade for work completed on another customer vehicle in '95..
    This so called independent in turn sold it to European about 9 mos ago for35K
    They in turn advertized and sold it it in short order for 45K , I knoew this because I called after discovering my freind at Precision sold it originally against my suggestion for 25K!
    On this past sunday during the swap in Costa Mesa I spoke with the sales mgr ( European Collecibles was next door) he mentioned they had traded or bought it back I beleive in the 50k range toward probably another of their cars then proceeded to install flares,sport seats,and orange Carrera stripes..
    All in all a very impressive car ,the flares a tad narrow as if cut from another car.. but everything else is there , earlier on when checking that engine number my resource quoted it as being a '74 euro carrera eng but i could be wrong.
    Is it worth 90k and change? I think I'd have preferred to have gotten it when it was offered to me at 25K ,thanks Bert

218,000 miles? Can that be right?

Thanks for the feedback so far. The car is in very good condition. I definitely agree on the price being too high. I do like the car and don't really mind it not having the original matching engine. The number on the case corresponds to a 74-75 Euro RS 210 HP motor. I looked at the book myself. Hard to put a value on this car but I would agree with the comment earlier... it can't be worth anymore than a matching number S in the same condition... maybe $65-$70??? It is very clean... the underneath has been completely detailed and has some nice suspension upgrades. EC states that the owner who bought it from them 9 months ago had them do the flares, bumbers and other upgrades (about $25k I think). I love the color. Again, thanks for the feedback so far. Still undecided. I also was considering the 67S/R they have. I know there is a thread on it. That as well is in great restored condition and very unique. If anyone else knows of an S out there in great condition let me know... that's what I'm looking for. Craig
    Aloha,

Craig "Doc" Goodman

Navy Flyer
    Early 911S Registry #795
    R Gruppe #395

I found out that I couldn't receive PMs so I emptied out my messages... it was full. Craig
    Aloha,

Craig "Doc" Goodman

Navy Flyer
    Early 911S Registry #795
    R Gruppe #395