Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa

i also thought the same...?

-------------------------
    peter kaufmann
    '73 911e fully rebuilt 2.7rs carrera mfi specs.

$28K BIN??!!!

Why would you buy this car over an excellent real mid eighties Carrera that can be had in the low twenties all day long??
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Well...because it has Cibie Rally Lights, of course! And minilites!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

What do you think this car is worth?

I'd say 15-18K would be a decent price about same as Carrera. This car would have advantage of being a few hunderd pound lighter.
    Phil

Ppi

I had a PPI performed on this car and I thought I would let some interested parties know what is going on with it. I also would like to know if you think I made the right decision. The owner is convinced he will get at least $25k for the car. I like the look and the set up of the car, as a matter of fact, it is exactly what I want my first 911 to be. I admit I am being overly cautious, but I know how easy it is to purchase with my heart and not my head. And having been a previous Porsche owner (Boxster S and 968) I know that a PPI is a necessity. After seeing the PPI and speaking with the mechanic, I made an offer below $25k. My offer was not obscene or offensive, well in line with what was projected in the above post. Please tell me if you think I made the correct decision.

BAD:
    1st front shocks leaking oil
    2nd shifter linkage needing bushings "sloppy finding the gates"
    3rd no rear latch for the engine bonnet
    4th Hole in the engine bay where the A/C used to be.
    5th Needs brake pads or rotors or both

Positives:
    Compression good
    No leaks
    Strong running
    Clutch is good

The mechanic stated that he did not check for body filler or damage.

The owner is a very nice guy who was responsive to all of my requests and questions. He told me there was a great deal of interest in the car and he was working stictly on the order of which he was contacted. Fortunately, I was the first to contact him. No doubt this car is not a beater, but I hope I have made the right decision and a "good one" has not gotten away. I am anxiously awaiting your thoughts.

By the way, I am looking for something similar if you see something please drop me a line.

bokeith@firstexpress.net

If you like the look pic up a nice SC for 12-15K buy a set of Minlite type wheels a ducktail and some hood lights. you'll have this car for less than 20K.
    Phil

Mid-eighties medium mileage Carrera. Fiberglass bumpers and ducktail. Mini-lites. Rally lights and set of Sparcos or GTS classic seats, RS door panels and you've got your "lightweight" and the possible bonus of a G50 and decent brakes. Keep the stock parts and it holds its value. You'll be in for $25k.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Yea, but would it be orange?