Thread: 67 with factory A/C???

67 with factory A/C???

I have a rust bucket 67 normale that the PO said had dealer installed A/C. The car does have a behr unit in it but looks different from the one I had in my 73S with factory air. Older version if I had to guess. So has anyone seen a SWB with factory air? I did not see it listed in "The red book" as an option but didn't see any A/C listed as an option in his book. Pictures?
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I never did a COA since I was just going to race this one. The Behr unit fits in the smugglers box like the later ones but does look a little more primitive if thats posible.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I have a factory SWB brochure for air conditioning so it must have been offered at least...

Don

Factory air did exist for a 67 car. I have a customer whose car had it at one time, although most of it has been removed at this time. The parts book shows the necessary parts, and the shop manual shows the installation.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hmmm... thanks guys it looks like I'm getting somewhere. I'll take some pics tomorrow.
    Rennman, do you have the brochure scanned? I guess does it show a pic of the top of the Behr box? I don't remember seeing a part # on the later ones am I wrong?
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I would have to look. I would be happy to fax you a copy or sell the brochure to you if you want. I do not have any SWBs with AC! E mail me direct don@porsport.com

Don