Thread: Rare Factory rear nudge bar - Value ?

Rare Factory rear nudge bar - Value ?

Hi,

I have a factory installed rear nudge bar plus the correct over-riders ( you can see that the top hole is circular and not elongated as per the standard over-rider) which I am trying to put a price on. This set is from a 1972 car and has just been re-chromed and they look great. I was planning on storing them but I may decide to sell them and hence asking for what they are worth. I have never seen a set for sale, at least not with the correct over-riders.

Please see the pics for condition (most of the marks is actually dust)

Any advice much appreciated.

With thanks

Alan

I bought a set a year and a half ago for around $200 IIRC. It needed new gummies at the time so I'd say comparable to yours although mine could really use a re-chrome.

Hard to say current value. You're right, don't come up often.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I've pm'd you on DDK
    1973 2.4S
    1993 964 C2
    987 Boxster Spyder

'hot66'
    www.ddk-online.com

Micheal is always finding deals , the factory bar is worth much more than just $200. If you can find one. The rubber inserts on the bumper guards are different because they are shorter than the normal ones. If you FIND a FACTORY bar with bumper guards and correct rubber pieces the price can easily be north of $500, to put it another way its rarer and worth more than a muffler skirt. Jim
    Early 911S Registry #161

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I do have the original bumper trim which was removed before they were chromed, the rubber end pieces and also the factory bolts. This set is 100% complete.

I have been informed that a set sold in the UK last year for £350 so that is the marker I am working with, plus these have been re-chromed. I know these items are very rare, so maybe I should just keep them.

Thanks again for the info

Alan

Are you saying the bumper guards are different!

Where does one find the correct chrome bumper guards? How about finding some shorter rubber decos for the guards. Does anybody have a pair for sale? I could drill my own holes on the top of the guard.

All I have is the factory bar like the one pictured above. I didn't know that you needed different guards and rubber deco.

Thanks
    Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by gymmoe
    Micheal is always finding deals , the factory bar is worth much more than just $200. If you can find one. The rubber inserts on the bumper guards are different because they are shorter than the normal ones. If you FIND a FACTORY bar with bumper guards and correct rubber pieces the price can easily be north of $500, to put it another way its rarer and worth more than a muffler skirt. Jim
    Got to! I can only afford the "Good Deals" I sold my second set to Lars well under that $500 mark . It needed a rechrome but, he had it done and it came out very nice. I had a SWB version also without the gummies and sold it but, it was very pitted and then had been painted silver. I've had my hands on three sets in the last two years. I'm keeping the one set I have now. They're not as rare here as I would expect them to be in UK.

Scooter, yes the bumperettes are different for the nudge bar. The gummies are the same as used on the front bumperettes. If you have the bar, get a set of really nice SWB rear bumperettes sans trim to start and I can send you a template for dilling the holes and slots. Buy some aftermarket gummies and Voila. If you start with the regular bumperettes with the S trim then you're going to have holes showing or maybe extra holes. I's have to dig mine out and have a look..
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586