Thread: July 19-22 Road America, Elkhart Lake

July 19-22 Road America, Elkhart Lake

This is an invitation to all early car guys to Brian Redman's Vintage event - the 2007 Kohler International Challenge. Porsche is the featured marque this year!

http://www.roadamerica.com/races_bric.htm

This is a really fun weekend as you can see from this thread from last year's event:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=11303

Randy Stenson lives nearby and is going to host some sort of get together at his little shack on the lake (dates/details to be figured out). It will be guaranteed fun and there will be no shortage of Porsches to check out ..... trust me

This is a spouse/GF friendly weekend. The Doorbangers Club should be in full operation .....

If you can only make a few midwest events this year, I highly recommend this be one of them.

The weekend Early S/RGruppe headquarters near the track will be the Americ Inn in Plymouth, WI. Here is the link.

http://www.americinn.com/display_property.aspx?id=136

This will be a really fun weekend!
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

As a heads up, I looked into booking a room at the Amerc Inn and according to their website they are already full for those dates.

It's possible that I'll be in Michigan around that time and if so I'll try and make it.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Rats! Jim, thanks for the heads up.

If you are looking for room let me know and I can ask around to see it there is extra room someone else booked. If you are in MI you should consider taking the high speed ferry across the Lake. It is a great way to miss Chicago.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thanks for the offer Brian, the problem is that I won't know when I'm going to be in MI until the begining of summer. I was just going to book a room hoping that it would coincide with my trip. The ferry is a good idea.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Jim - it's almost exactly the same drive distance to Road America whether you go thru the UP or down thru ChiTown! As much as I love Chicago traffic and toll booths ... Kim & I will be doing the UP route. Let me know when you're in town.

Curt, will do.

Does the high speed ferry take cars across? If I'm able to make it to RA I likely will be on a tight schedule. I've driven both ways around the lake, and although I enjoy the trip through the UP, time constraints might make the ferry a better option - if they take cars.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

The ferry is another option of course. The new Lake Express can do it in around 2 1/2 hours (about $260 round trip for 1 person and 1 vehicle). The conventional ferry is 4 hours so you really don't save any time vs. driving with it (about $209 roundtrip for 1 person and 1 vehicle).

http://www.lake-express.com/

http://www.ssbadger.com/schedule/schedule.html