Thread: fs:'72 porsche 911s

fs:'72 porsche 911s

no affiliation:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...02868153QQrdZ1

----------------------------------
    peter kaufmann
    '73 911e fully rebuilt 2.7rs carrera mfi specs

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    I think the included Vasek frame in the picture will drive this one over $100k.

"There is no rust in the body only from the Battery on the right side... ".

Just don't look too close at the door jamb!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Wink great cars

Great cars do not have to go on E-bay. The good ones are kept track of by all us fans of the car. There are people that know where 700 orignal mile 911S' are like the one at the Ventura show. The 8500 orignal mile Conda Green that Spike F. has and was offered $100,000 on the spot. These cars are known by people that saw the car 30 years ago and never forgot who owns these cars. The trick is to be there when they want to sell. I belive the Conda Green sold for $37,000 5 years ago. That was a very high price now look where we are !

Can't tell if it's legit, but one bidder with fairly high feedbacks has this car to $45,555.00!!!!

e

Whether the bids are real, or the car is bad, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that those of us on the board represent a very small part of the group of folks interested in early S's. We are also probably the pickiest, and the most price sensitive of the bunch. These car's are still low dollar items when you look at the broader collector car market.

Sithot, If you have any "excellent condition" S's for sale at the high book price, I'd be interested.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

All of these cars on ebay being bid up to ridiculous amounts without meeting reserve. And then people on this board either hand wringing or back slapping about what they see going on.

Call me cynical but I don't believe any of it. Cars getting bid up on ebay do not set market values. If you want to track the value of these cars look only at arms length, verified sales. Anonymous, under-reserve bids don't even come close.

$40,000 Ts? I don't think so. A few people paying over market for a specific model doesn't establish a new benchmark for an entire series. The very nice olive green '70T is a perfect example. That car has been for sale for months. And the seller, maybe believing the hype of rising values, keeps raising the price. Just a wonderful business strategy: If you don't want it at $25,000, you'll just love it at $35,000.

Well there is plenty of BS but I think 911 prices have gone through a serious inflection price wise. I have seen a lot of "decent" T's sell in the mid 20's within 2 weeks of hitting market, that would not have happened last year.
    Phil

There are deals to be had, this car

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=14818

sold for $15K that should bring the T average down a notch.......
    Kjell "Shel" Nelin
    72 911T
    69 E-type OTS
    73 Lancia Fulvia
    Registry Member #1099
    Kjell Gruppen Member #1

http://web.mac.com/alfaguy/Site/1972_911T.html

Quote Originally Posted by tfiv
    Whether the bids are real, or the car is bad, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that those of us on the board represent a very small part of the group of folks interested in early S's. We are also probably the pickiest, and the most price sensitive of the bunch. These car's are still low dollar items when you look at the broader collector car market.

Sithot, If you have any "excellent condition" S's for sale at the high book price, I'd be interested.
    I agree that the CPI numbers are on the low side, but I think they represent a more accurate picture than what I see going on on ebay. I just think people are deluding themselves when they look at the $57,000 E that didn't meet reserve and say, "Well my car with MFI has to be worth at least $60,000."

If you want to get an accurate picture of value from a few sales, I think you're betting off looking at the lower end. That's where the real market is.

If rusty '67Ses are going for $30K, why is this a bad deal at $45K?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389