Thread: Question on front latch panel for 1970

Question on front latch panel for 1970

I got my 1970 911S project delivered yesterday and as I would like to restore it to be correct (take off the rear flares, etc) I would like to see if the front latch panel is correct. It seems to differ from my 1970 911E and another 1970 E that I have pictures of.
    The only thing I can think of is that the 911S is <300 in production and the 69 models maybe used a slightly different panel - or it's been replaced in the past at some point.

Pictures:
    Project car with drain channels
    Blue E With no drain channels (and bumper ripped off by tow truck driver)
    New project that will need lots of work
    But at least it has good bones and sport seats
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Hi,

My 70 S has those drain channels and the parts are original to the car. My 71T does not have them.

HTH

Alan

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Reuter vs. Karmann?
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

The drains are part of the front lip, which is replacable. The new lip available from Porsche has the channels
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Thanks Guys - Definately a help - now out to the garage to do the undercarraige inspection

Regards,
    Andrew M

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 06:32 PM
  2. FS: LWB Front Hood Latch Panel & Battery Box Patch Panel
    By rennmark71 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 04:13 PM
  3. FS NOS front latch panel
    By fishman7 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 5