Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Seats

Show Your Seats

Since we have been running the sticky thread "Show your ride" for a few years now, and some of the cars posted are literally mouthwatering, I was thinking it might also be fun to start a thread on just seats.
    Some of the people on this board have gone to great lengths to track down OEM houndstooth material just to restore their seats to total originality. Others have shelled out $5,000 or more to buy a freshly reupholstered set of correct early Recaros. Then there are the race seats. Let's see what kind of eye candy some of you guys have in the way of seats....
    Here are some of mine from current and previous cars I have owned.
    Last pic is of a SWB Recaro, the most recent acquisition. Unfortunately I don't even have a SWB anymore to put it in. If someone absolutely needs to have it for their 66, 67 or 68S, I am open to offers.
    Okay, so first pic is of my ex-67 with Peter Z (Vintage) 911R seats. Loved those seats. Second and third pic's are of the original SWB seats that came with my ex-67 after having them restored - note the correct SWB headroll style headrests. Fourth pic is of the leather seats currently in my 73T. They are beautiful and great for touring but a little too comfy for mein the turns. Last pic is the rare 65-67 SWB (non headrest sport seat) with correct non-perforated vinyl bolsters and original cordouroy seat insert.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

here some one-off's for you.

the previous owner of my latest car had these custom made. they are modern c/f race shells that were modified to look like an early recaro race seat (he gave the maker a photocopy from a porsche resto book). they were then covered in leather in a traditional pattern.

they are incredibly light (lift with one hand light). very comfortable to boot.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

'68 sport seat

Here's one of my '68 sport seat refinished in black leather along with a stock seat for the passenger side.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

creme leather sport seats

you have to see these in person;there in a metallic green 911S targa with full creme leather interior,original to car special order

Great idea...

Mine are the leather sport seats that came with the car.

I had them redone when I redid the car in 1990. They were done very correctly (stitching, perforations, etc... according to Eric L.) however using Connolly 'English' leather instead of the German. They were soft to the touch and comfortable from the first day.

After over 17 years the drivers side's bottom has been re-webbed and the seat insert is showing some ware...

Overall they're still one of the most comfortable long distance seats I've ever been in... However at well over 50 lbs. apiece THEY BETTER BE...

Here's three pics from some before and after photos I took in July of 1990
    ... and a couple of pics 17 years later...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Now the good stuff is starting to come out....
    Frank's snow white chairs, and Chuck's English leather hide recaros.
    Chuck, I had an Etype for a while back in the early 90's and I used to sit in the car just to smell the Connolly leather sometimes. It is truly intoxicating - better than anything I ever smoked in high school.
    Keep 'em coming boys.

Original houndstooth

These are original in my 73E.
    Member:S Registry #864

Original sport seats in my first T a few years back. They were originally cord, then houndstooth then a previous owner had the inserts redone in orange leather to match the car. Poor photo but they were stunning.
    Second photo is of my current T with tan houndstooth. I have a set of double locking sport seat cores just waiting to spend the big $ to restore in the current color combo. Daron

Well, my sports are down at Tony's for a makeover. I'll post pics when I get them back. Those will be my "standard" seats. Here are the non standard seats.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Show Your Seats

First two are original condition vinyl sport seats in a 75,000 mile '73E. I'd prefer the leather, but the vinyl sure doesn't show any wear to speak of.

Third is original perforated vinyl and basketweave insert sport seat from my '71T.

Link here is the piece de resistance, Glaverbel's brown perforated/basketweave sport seats. I couldn't copy the pic

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ketweave+brown

Tom Mcmahon, I'll trade anytime if those leather houndstooth sport seats get to be too much maintenance for you!

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS