Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Uai, when do those Rallyes date from? I've never seen them with chrome hinge covers, very cool!
    Russ, I don't know exactly.
    They are pre 1970, but if it was 69 or 70 when it changed from chrome to black, I don't know.
    1971 Scheel announced a new rallye, here a bit from November 1971 announcing a New Scheel Sportsitz.
    Name:  scheel11-1971.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  14.3 KB
    I will have to buy more Rallye Racing and Sport Auto magazines to get this narrowed in.
    And yes they are extremly rare to get - these (he has two) belong to a friend of mine.
    There was one Wreck on ebay some weeks ago - but it was really a wreck.
    [EDIT] These ones have a 1970 Datestamp in the hinges - so it changed between 70 and November-1971[end of EDIT]
    Last edited by uai; 02-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtbt View Post
    OK, in reading back through the posts, I see these are probably unobtainium....(i'd be interested if anyone has some for sale)

Anyone tried these?

http://www.classiccarseats.com/monte-carlo-seats.php

Thoughts or concerns?

Thanks,
    Bud
    A friend had them in his 912. They are ok. bolsters were ok. recline and seating position felt really good. not exactly period correct (they're not a replica of anything i am aware of), but they dont look bad either and have a period look to them if that makes any sense. a poor mans sports seat, but they do the job, and quality is good.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    Uli et al

I was wondering if anyone knows when recaro began using their name on the seat back.i have seen adverts with no recaro sign for the aftermarket.i also have some early seats that are NOS without recover and no label.i have also seen other makers of cars that have aftermarket seat with no label.Also,scheel did not have label on their seats early on.I have been looking at a number of period adverts to gain some understanding.I totally understand the factory Porsche fitment did not have the label.Thanks in advance.

Raj

Hi Raj, it must have been between 9/69 and 04/72. I'll try to narrow it down whenever I have my hands on it.
    By the way some Dates:
    Recaro moved from Stuttgart to Kirchheim Teck in August 73
    and Scheel moved from Stuttgart to München and then to Karlsfeld between 71 an 73
    Here an Ad from 04/72
    Name:  recaro_werbung_04_72.jpg
Views: 1746
Size:  91.0 KB

Bump. Please and thanks.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Hi Raj, I don't mind at all. I'll put one on top
    Attachment 194522
    installed model (Thanks don)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Here some samples it's 50mm
    1st: ST Seat (Rallye 13.28.00) earlier corduroy -'73 (1 line / 2.8mm)
    Attachment 199298
    2nd: Idealsitz S (31.10.00) later corduroy '73- (1 line / 3.1mm)
    Attachment 199299
    3rd: Rallye '74 later corduroy (1 line / 3.1mm)
    Attachment 199300
    Thanks this will help date the race buckets i have , as the sliders have 8/73 printed on them so we will see if the seats match
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

before..

I will do after when i am done.
    Harry Hoffman

Harry, your before looks like my current. What are your plans?

- Brian

1966 Mercedes 250SE Cab

Quote Originally Posted by POS View Post
    Harry, your before looks like my current. What are your plans?
    So far it has involved making a mess. When I am done I hope to have what in my dilusional mind should be the perfect mix of streetability and period correct rally car set up. http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/searc...ct%20Group%202
    Harry Hoffman

Russ, I don't know exactly.
    They are pre 1970, but if it was 69 or 70 when it changed from chrome to black, I don't know.
    1971 Scheel announced a new rallye, here a bit from November 1971 announcing a New Scheel Sportsitz.
    Name:  scheel11-1971.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  14.3 KB
    I will have to buy more Rallye Racing and Sport Auto magazines to get this narrowed in.
    And yes they are extremly rare to get - these (he has two) belong to a friend of mine.
    There was one Wreck on ebay some weeks ago - but it was really a wreck.
    [EDIT] These ones have a 1970 Datestamp in the hinges - so it changed between 70 and November-1971[end of EDIT]

This type of Scheel Rallye was made even earlier . Here is some type of 1968 MY Porsche factory photo (not sure from what catalog , magazine , or book) .....far right ....but earliest version seems to have had thinner side bolsters which became even thinner at most upward/forward point (kind of knife edge) . I would certainly venture to say this would be the rarest type to unearth.

Also notice the standard sport seat (far left) , headrest seats without headrests (optional in ROW). I noticed this being discussed again in another thread (68 headrest issue).

So I have a question about 1968 seats (base recaros & standard sports , nothing more special) : in ROW , at what point would seats start coming with holes for headrests even without them optioned on car ? And would this be a differant time frame of implimentation for standard vs. sport ?

Or , did they start coming with headrest provision holes right from the beginning of 1968MY (I do not think so , so but i'm not 100% positive. I do not think so , at least for sportseats . Because i've seen mulitple examples which were claimed to be original fitment from <I would guess earlier model year examples> 1968MY 911S cars that did not have headrest provisions).

Claudius ?