Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Seats

I saw a "Made in Germany" sticker... Ill look again on the side hinge cover.
    E911SR #2107
    69 911T/S SWT 3.2L
    RG #384

Quote Originally Posted by Poorhouse View Post
    Those look like the new(er) version of the LS.

Do they have a made in Germany sticker or the LS label on the side hinge cover?
    I agree that they look like the modern version. The bolster taper as it goes up the seat back is different. I had a pair of these in my 72T.

Another advert, ams 1972 of the RECARO Idealsitz

Adjustable backrest

Please help! I'm about to have my seats redone in green leather and the green/black/white houndstooth cloth. Love it, love it, no problem there. What I can't figure out is whether to have the back seats done with the cloth inserts or just plain color. Anyone know if this (rear houndstooth inserts) was ever done from the factory? I seem to remember seeing that sometime over the last forty years of looking at these cars but now I can't find a photo. Anybody have a photo?

Gordon

Hi Gordon, welcome to the group, the rear seats in Houndtooth is in one of the pre production car photos. It is pictured in Brian Longs book Porsche 911, the Definitive History 1963-1971. Page 39 and page 40 for the rear seats configuration.

I don't believe it was a standard issue item (but knowing Porsche and the special wishes anything can be done). One of the Early 911S Reg members has a Martini
    colored car with the rear seats and it's stand up collar and the squab 6 panels in hounds tooth - very distinctive.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Here in my original Recaro R seat that just came back from Tony at Autobahn. Was hoping to use the original corduroy seat insert for "Patina" but Tony said it was too delicate and fragile due to it's age. Going into my '72 for some seat time as the Recaro Sport seats are heading back to Tony for refurbishing with houndstooth inserts.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

My '73 Recaro ST seat... now I have to find another one!

Name:  969474_10200181491155265_760213555_n.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  58.5 KB

A bit tasteless but I couldn't resist uploading (N/M)
    Name:  $T2eC16FHJHgFFlyqlrDSBRqzT8gC(g~~48_20.JPG
Views: 1513
Size:  44.1 KBName:  $T2eC16NHJHYFFk,3IndPBRqzT6Lt5!~~48_20.JPG
Views: 1555
Size:  48.9 KB

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    well.... that would be a backseat I wouldn't want to be in.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

I have been running a set of a Vintage Seats R seats in my ex912 and my current '71 911. I love these seats but have been thinking of something with more support for the driver seat. I love the look of VS's ST seat but was not sure my big ass would fit. No problem. VS built me an ST seat with a little less stuffing to give me just enough room - they feel great!

Also, one of the reasons I originally bought the R seats over the RS seats was I liked the look of the grommets that run up the back of the shell. To help my new ST seat match, VS even had the grommets added. I could not be happier and amazed at how easy Michael at VS is to work with and how he does what he can to meet you needs. Obligatory pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    RGruppe #577 (Dixie Region)
    S Registry #2490