Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '69 T Targa Parts and Story

'69 T Targa Parts and Story

This afternoon I took my Father and my Porsche mechanic out to lunch. Upon returning to my Mechanics neighborhood he and I both see that one of his unacquainted neighbors is sawzallng a Kelly/ Conda green Targa. It is the sort of thing that just catches one’s eye.

In short we end up talking with this gentleman for at least an hour. In order to rid his yard of this parts/rust bucket car he has scheduled a scrap truck to pick up the car on Monday (16th) and crush it. He told me that he had taken all that he needed to finish his cars and generously offered me anything that was left. I have a picked up a few things I needed and a few things to sell. I am shortly extending the offer to you guys. The window of opportunity is quite short; I will check this thread in the morning and head back over one more time on Sunday (15th) some time afternoon (12:00 CST).

Honestly there is not much left. This is a rust bucket and the Targa bar is the handle. Various items that I can see are good. Drivers/Passengers windows (plain-no tint). Electrical harness portions; some ventilation stuff; oil tank, front sway, glove box door, some dash parts….

This afternoon I did get the following (currently for sale); Photos and prices to come shortly.

-The Stainless Targa bar

-One H1 assembly
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

Change in plans; I am heading back over at 10:30 CST.
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

Front sway bar I could use. Let me know if you get that. Thanks, -Scott

Scott,

I got one endlink off yesterday; I should be able to pull it out. Be back later.
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

Alright here is how I made out; All shipped prices are to the lower 48 states. EU and others extra.

Targa Bar-Good over all condition, not bent or twisted. The attachment studs on the bottom are sheared off. New ones will have to be welded on. There are a few light scratches. Please note the bar is dirty in the photo. $200+shipping

One H-1 Restorable condition, great glass; bezel has tape and paint residue; I have not taken this unit apart.[EDIT]; I am going to take this unit appart latter in the week an have a look inside. There looks to be some creeping rust on the lower rear reflector. I don't want any surprises. There is some rust on the bottom of the housing (see photos)-$400 shipped and insured.

-Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

Fog Light switch? 901.613.504.01, Chrome bezel, No knob; there is a plastic rod inside the center of where the knob is that slides in and out. $35 shipped.

Shift coupler grub screw, early 69-71 style-FREE to good home.

Blower motor- Looks to be in working order; Kind of dirty $22 Shipped.

’69 Oil Tank; Surface rust. I am taking the sender out for my ’72. If I have time this afternoon I will bead blast the tank and see if it is useable. Price may change accordingly if holes are found-$130 Shipped.

Can anyone identify this vapor tank thing? Possibly for sale?

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks,
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

Isn't that the overflow/vapor capture for the fuel tank? An early emission item.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

I guess so Keith,

I looked on my '72 and it looks to have a simmilar box that is made out of black plastic and is held under the dash. This clear/amber box seems to have only one hose connection? Must be a "T" thing...

Also, it seems that the parts catalouge shows the fog switch as a '70 model part. The oil tank does seem to have some sort of patch to it (the gray spot in the photo). I was able to degrease it yesterday; blasting to come.

Thanks
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

I'll take the sway bar and drop links. I'll send you a pm. Thanks, -Scott

Alright here is an H-1 update;

I opened up the headlamp and found some rust on the reflector(s). The rust is just starting to become in the way. What I mean is that this lamp could actually be used in its current condition as the majority of the rust is on the lower main reflector right where the lower reflector covers the main. Please see the photos for clarification.

The glass is still very good, I did find a small pebble chip and the lense does have some light etching from weather. The lower portion of the lense also is adorned with some faint green paint (nothing a flat razor blade can’t fix) The numbers on the glass are as follows: 1 305 614 007.008

The trim ring is in restorable condition; As one can see there is also green paint on this piece as well. In addition to the green paint there is also a good amount of duct tape residue. This trim ring could really use some lacquer thinner and a box of rags…

The inner housing is in decent shape; lower portion has surface rust. This item should clean up well for a nice zinc re-plate.

-Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074