Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS Spyders 1st 2nd 3rd at LB ALMS

RS Spyders 1st 2nd 3rd at LB ALMS

R10 finishes 7th.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

The big Audi's sure aren't cut out for tight street circuits. Interesting watching them take the hairpin!

COuld this be the best year for ALMS?
    The Audis would have finished better if not for some bad luck. The Acura could have won if they had planned the race better. Im looking forwad to Mid-Ohio!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Ya,

Michael was Schooled by Roger Sat. Doubt Michael will make the same mistake again. Racing is not always what happens on the racing surface, well thought through pit options depending on circumstances are part of the winning recipe. This is a terrific year for ALMS....Am looking forward to balance of the year. Those Acura's are fast!!!! Great to see Porsche in the winniers circle again.

How about F1? Hamilton is soooooooooo smooth. Watching him chip away at Massa's lead on the hard compound tires tells the story. I think he picked up 6 seconds on the final 18 laps. Great to see this new talent emerge!!!!

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

It's disappointing that the Aston Martins aren't contesting GT1 this year, and the P1 class is a joke. I would say that the lower tier classes are carrying ALMS this year...not that there is anything wrong with that.

How did Acura come out of the box so strong this year? Porsche is going to have to dig deep if they hope to win the championship this year. LB was all about strategy and the lack of a good one by many teams. I doubt anyone was expecting one yellow, but Penske out Pensked everyone else by deciding on that one tire strategy.

I agree that Hamilton is very impressive. I think that you have to go back to the beginning of Schumacher's career to see someone who came out of the gate so fast, although Hamilton has the advantage of starting out in a McLaren that appears to be back at the top of their game.

In that last stint Massa had nothing to gain by pushing the car though, all he had to do was finish ahead of Hamilton and I think that is all he had in mind.

Yeah, the Audis looked like buses going around the hairpin.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Jim

Your right about GT1 over here in the States...
    However I hear there will be at least 9 other cars at LeMans fighting with the Vettes...

And in GT2... It's not that the RSR's are slow.... it just that the Ferraris are faster...

GREAT racing....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck, don't get me wrong, I thought that the LB race was great...a lot of great dices going on. I just wish the field was a little more umm, plump.

The Vette / AM battles last year were fun to watch. I had heard early on that they would be back this year, what happened?

Anyway, I'll be seeing them 4th of July weekend.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

They said there was a chance the vettes would run in GT2. That would be great. I would like to see some Benzes running against the vettes in GT1. This series is close to getting very good.

Erich

Spyders 1st and 4th at Houston

Once again the Spyders take advantage of Audi's misfortune ... but points is points. After being bulletproof for so many years it's curious that Audi is having so many problems lately.

It should be interesting to see how Porsche does now that they are returning to some road courses.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Is this being re-played? I thought that they skipped a week.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439