Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally on the track...

Finally on the track...

These were taken last month at a PCA DE, I finally got them today. Car was a blast, but should be even better when I take her out again in a couple weeks. I've since replaced the ball joints, installed turbo tie rods, and put spacers in the rack. I also installed a new sport exhaust.
    Attachment 31418

Attachment 31419
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Thumbs up

GREAT look'n car Keith .......

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Looks bitchen...

Now go drive the piss out of it...

you'll be amazed at what these cars are capable of, just rorting around on the track. Baseline the car and just keep driving it. Don't get hung-up on constant changes to your setup - work on the driver...

and HAVE FUN!!
    cheers
    Thom

Damn...that's gotta be better than sex. Lord knows ya probably paid for it.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Great looking car Keith! Have fun with her.

Couple of questions for you... What size wheels and tires are you running? I have a slightly hotrodded LWB that has stock fender flares that are rolled. I would like to put larger wheels on the back, but the 7R Fuchs are made out of unobtainium. I am looking for other options, so wondered what you have. Also, I love the yellow headlight lenses - where did you get those? I would like to change my car (silver) to have them.

Thanks!
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

I have a question too - where would you get the 'clips' on the windshield from??

Thanks for all the positive comments...it helps make it all worth it. The car has 15x7 Fuchs all around. These are later wheels. I run Toyo Proxies with 205/50/15 in front and 225/50/15 in the rear. The rear has a little less then 2 degrees of negative camber. The fender lips are not rolled and I have no clerance problems. I just set the suspension up yesterday and now have a good base line to start with, but am more concerned with my abilities first.

Phil Bagley at Klub Sport got me the yellow lenses. They are available through Performance too. These are plastic so I am not worried about chipping them on the track, etc. Phil also had the muffler that I just installed this past weekend, a custom Dansk with megaphone like tips. The car came with the windshield clips (it also has straps over the rear window) as it was previously vintage raced. I think that you can get these from GT-Racing (gt-racing-com). The car also has a fuel cell and roll bar.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Looks great on track. Is that Moroso? That was my first track in a SCCA ITA RX2 back in '93.

Interesting that you're running 225 at the rear. I've been using my 7" wheel on the street and 6" as track wheels just because I liked the look of the 7" and the 6" need restoration. But to get more rubber I may swap.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Yes, that is Moroso, just a short drive from home. The 7's work well with the car. When I got the car it was running 6's with the same size rubber. The 225 on a six was not quite right, though. Wasn't sure if I would like the 7's up front too, but the difference in tire size makes it work.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Any pics of that custom Dansk / Megaphone set up you mention?