Thread: Bob Tilton is THE man!! yea

Bob Tilton is THE man!! yea

[Yea, Bob is the NCal Chapter honcho for RG, but that mostly means he is the one that has to do a lot of work... so this should not be confused with kissing up.....]

I just want to publicly proclaim Bob Tilton to be one helluva nice guy! How many people have we known, much less heard of, that is so outstandingly generous as Bob?! I have noticed him give away things that most of us would sell.... More than once!

Bob, I hope someday you will need something that I happen to have sitting around. [really. you are invited to take me up on the offer. you know my number/email!] You make this world a bit better and make me feel kinda proud to know you. Ok, stop blushing and get back to work.

Bob is great. Long live Bob!

JR

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by john rice
    Bob is great. Long live Bob!
    I will second that! Besides the parts he has helped people with, don't forget the beautiful 911R posters that he made and distributed to many people for what couldn't have been much more than his costs. I have one framed on the wall right above my computer. It's bitchin'!

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

SSHHHHH!!! You're gonna scare him off
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Ahhh man - my face is red and now I am going to have to set up a new user ID.
    Honestly - I am just following by example set by MANY MANY nice people within this great community. I have been on the receiving end of some very generous acts and "gifts". What little I have done pales in comparison.
    I am tempted to ask Chuck Miller to delete this but my ego needs a little stroking .
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Thumbs up

Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    I am tempted to ask Chuck Miller to delete this....
    Heck--I'll just add Chuck to the "Good Guy List" then! Besides all the thankless work he does behind the scene to keep the Registry a vibrant organization, and the excellent technical and historical information he contributes from his vast experience with these cars (and others), he took the time to send me two original LeGrand stickers that he somehow scored from Red's shop years ago for my sportsracer, gratis! YOU DA MAN, too, Chuck! [not to steal Bob's thunder or anything]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    I will second that! Besides the parts he has helped people with, don't forget the beautiful 911R posters that he made and distributed to many people for what couldn't have been much more than his costs. I have one framed on the wall right above my computer. It's bitchin'!

TT
    I'll surely "second" that,....

A local fellow drove his 911R to work every day for years and looking at Bob's poster in my office always brings a smile as I remember the noise that thing made,...

Thanks, Bob!
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

Bump for a good guy

Richard

Another bump for Bob and Chuck for each of their contributions to our community.

I have Bob's 911R poster framed in my office at home. My wife is not an expert on Porsche despite my numerous lectures, but she sure knows what a 911R looks like.

She doesn't think I'm serious when I tell her that I will build one someday. Little does she realize...

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

cheers for Chuck! I still owe him $25 for a DVD and never heard a complaint (and that for 7 years!)...
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176