Thread: WTB: rear deck metal section (below rear glass)

WTB: rear deck metal section (below rear glass)

Hi,
    I need this section (see photos) to replace a rusty one on my 72 coupe. It need to be cut outside factory joint be be able to replace it and look like a factory job.

I will be in Hershey if you can bring it !

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nobody is parting out a early body ??

JD

Nobody is parting out a early body ??
    Probably nobody has one that is rustfree ..

Richard

Check with Rick2. He has an early roller coupe he is parting out and I recall him mentioning that the rear package shelf on the car was rust free. He also owns a blow torch!!!

Scope Creep Poster Child
    I had good luck sourcing one of these for my '70 from a Porsche salvage yard (EASY). They did a reat job cutting in the right places, and shipping was much less that I expected. It was rust free!
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

I need one of those also but I found the piece to be different on the 70 than the 72. I had a 70 coupe ready to cut out for the 72 but the tabs as well as the stamp of the shelf were different.

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Yes, there was a major redesign of that part of the car. This should make it easy, though, as I imagine you could use galvanized panels from a later car.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

If I rember right. I went thru this last winter. 69-71 are pretty much the same. 72-73 are the same, the change was made for a more ridged cab and the introduction of the 915 Trans (the rear seat wells changed as well). 74-till the late 70' the same galvanation was the plus. As all ways it is very easy to back date and gain the advantage of the up date. It just depends how Correct you want it.

I purchessed a whole roller just to get a package tray and rear seat pannel. The body arrived and it was in such good shape I could not bring my self to cut it up. Its had front and center in the garage for about 6 months now. And there sitting bare to the metal.
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Yep, mine is from a 67/68 and the stamping is different. Mine is rust free if someone needs the back half of the car or some front pieces. I would recomend them sawzalling it off though to keep down the warpage.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739