Thread: Longhood fanatics in Corsicana, TX?

Question Longhood fanatics in Corsicana, TX?

I'm heading to site on Tuesday for a couple weeks of work in Mexia. Where's that???? Exactly!!!

Would like to meet some Texas crazies for a beer. Maybe we can sit around and bitch about not being in SLO. Man that sounded like a Craigslist Personal ad. Err, not that I've ever read anything like that or .....whatever .

I'll be staying in Corsicana and will probably make a side trip up to Richardson for a day or so too.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Michael,

Mexia, eh?? Well, many years ago you might have sighted a well-known (or at least *was*) blonde who used to live there. None other than Anna Nicole. If you make it up to Richardson, give us North Texans a shout. Be glad to hook up for an adult beverage. Corsicana is about 90 miles to the East of Dallas. About the only thing known for is fruit cake.

Jack
    Jack Griffin
    Dallas, Tx.
    Early 911S #167
    RGruppe #192

'55 356 s/r Outlaw
    '70 914-6 (2.5L owned since '76)
    '85 911 Carrera Cpe.
    '89 911 Speedster (bought new)
    '84 MB 300CD (bought new)
    Gone but great memories - '74 RSR 9114609113

You ARE in the middle of nowhere, about 150 miles north east of all of us here in the Austin area. Hill Country is generally west of I 35, flatland to the east.
    Give a shout if you can get down this way, we sometimes get out for weekend drives in the hills..

EDIT: My bad, should haver said 150 miles, not 15 miles from Austin, sorry for the confusion. Texas is a big state..
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Now that's what I'm talkin bout! The last time I was down there was only for a couple of days. This time I could be as long as the 16th.

The "Anna" tidbit was told to me when I was down there last. What a great piece of notoriety. Wortham is real close too. We also have business units in Longview and Kilgore. Hmmmm, toss up! I'll give a shout when I get closer to seein what my first weekend is going to be like.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

There is a fellow on the Pelican BBS who posts with the handle Groesbeck Hurricane. That is another nearby town. Not much out there. Spent quite a bit of time near there when I was with HL&P helping to build their first Lignite Power plant in Limestone county.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300