Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: value of AL deck lid and rear pan

value of AL deck lid and rear pan

I have an AL rear deck lid and rear pan and was wondering what the value of these are. The lid is in good shape the pan has a few dings in it. Both need to be painted.

Thanks
    Blake

not sure - but i'm on the lookout for these parts.

pls let me know your asking price in due course.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

If there is a P/n on the aluminum license plate panel it is in good shape I would say $150ish. There are alot of repro aluminum license plate panels that sell new for $80.
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

My repro rear aluminum panel just went for $10 on ebay - woop-dee-doo... so not much... The lid is something else...

pm sent. I believe we spoke about these items at Road Atlanta this past weekend.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

The repro. AL rear license plate panels seem to be a bit thicker than the originals per Dave at TRE. I had an original AL panel that I replaced a long time ago (don't ask) with a steel one and recently replaced that one with an aluminum one from TRE. The original one was much flimsier than the repro.

So I would probably pay double the repro price for a good original AL license plate panel.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Add to that that the repro does not fit as well... I can slide in my original piece or an ebay acquired replacement steel piece - no sweat.. The repro aluminum takes some banging in and playing around with both bumper halves before it'll go in... And it seems you could damage it by sneezing on it ! I'll take weight off elsewhere...

I got a repro License panel from Stoddard. Soon as I bent the two bumper tabs to the correct position (they come flat for shipping) the welds broke off. Luckily I had a bundle of that alumirod stuff which fixed it in no time. Fit was good, especially for a repo part. I paid 75 bucks for it if that helps. As for the alloy lid, that is one of the holy grails. When I was restoring my 71 911S and was toying with replacing the lid with a duck tail, I had more offers than flies on cow menure. I do have to say, my lid was perfect, but $1000 was the initial offer and it went up from there. I finally had a guy who was willing to pay $2000 or trade me for a real duck tail, but decided to keep the car original, and I'm glad I did. Good luck Allan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

how much do the aluminum lids weigh?

Never actually weighed it, but when I had it off the car and stripped, it was so light that I was afraid to lay it down anywhere for fear of twisting it. It was solid given the inner and outer panel monocoque construction, but if I had to guess, I would say it was 1 to 2 pounds tops. I just picked up a 5 pound weight and it was no where close to that.
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough