Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco to SLO on Thursday afternoon

San Francisco to SLO on Thursday afternoon

I'm flying into San Francisco Thursday for an afternoon business meeting prior to driving my rental car to SLO.

I assume it will be roughly 3.5 hours to SLO from there?

I'll be leaving at roughly 5:00 (that's when the meeting ends).

Anybody else going down at that time? Anyone else want to do a late dinner in SLO, or on the way?

thanks!
    Eric

Erik do you talk about Sport seats and Toolkits during diner?

Richard

Nope...

The discussion will be Hillary vs Obama

The French election this weekend

And can Curlin win at the Derby this weekend despite not having raced as a two year old....

And if we have enough time, we can talk about Walter Thomas, and why he didn't get picked in the NFL draft...

e

You made your point. Toolkits and Sportseats it is.

Question. According to your research when did factory start using Hapewe pliers? I have seen 3 original toolkits (68-71) which had Hapewe pliers.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik

And can Curlin win at the Derby this weekend despite not having raced as a two year old....
    e
    THAT'S MY pick too, and...I wonder the same (as yet) unasnwered question. Based on his breeding, and the most recent winners of the Derby, he does make A LOT of sense. Have you map-quested the nearest OFF TRACK BETTING location??????
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by 304678
    You made your point. Toolkits and Sportseats it is.

Question. According to your research when did factory start using Hapewe pliers? I have seen 3 original toolkits (68-71) which had Hapewe pliers.

Richard
    I have never seen a "documented" original toolkit with Hapewe pliers in it. Every kit that I have seen that is documented (1st owner) has the raised cutting area pliers with either satin finish (68), or chromed cutting area (69 to early 73). Hapewe started in mid 73 in my opinion.

e

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    THAT'S MY pick too, and...I wonder the same (as yet) unasnwered question. Based on his breeding, and the most recent winners of the Derby, he does make A LOT of sense. Have you map-quested the nearest OFF TRACK BETTING location??????
    I haven't seen any of the workouts, have you? How much weight will he carry vs the last 3 outings?? Jockey has never one the derby!! (0 for 4).

Street Sense looks good....

I'd like to see the "early money" on the tote board before doing this one...

e

Hapewe

Erik,

An acquaintance recently obtained an original, unrestored 1968 SWB 912. It stilll had all the options: 5.5 fuchs, rain tray, Hella 128, orange badge, hirschmann, houndstooth seats, Porsche 2-68 dated seat belts and toolkit. To my surprise were the pliers Hapewe.

In december a friend bought a 1970 / 914-6. Unrestored and all options mentioned on the kardex where still there, incl. the cushion between the seats. In this toolkit I also found the Hapewe.

Than I have 1971 toolkit of my own (out of an E). It's in bad shape due to moisture, but that kit also has the Hapewe.

Three toolkits that I saw recently, all Hapewe. Of course they can be swapped by some one, but why (they were long term owned cars) and how big are the odds?

Richard

Richard,

I have never seen it.... and I've looked at a lot of cars and kits. I'm not saying it's not possible, but ...... I'll keep my mind open on it.

Eric

BACK to the TOPIC...... anyone driving down late afternoon, or going to be in SLO around 9 ish for dinner??

e

Eric,
    Did you ever get squared away with a room?
    -Bill
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437