Thread: A special message from der Gruppemeister

A special message from der Gruppemeister

Treffen 07 was a great turnout and a huge success. Thank you all for your participation and keeping it all fun. It’s what makes all the hard work and effort we all put in very much worthwhile.

I want to thank the following people for their door prize donations during our Saturday banquet;

• Wayne Dempsey of Pelican Parts
    • Walt Watson of Competition Engineering
    • Dave Bouzaglou of TRE
    • Pete Stout of Excellence Magazine
    • Dave Buhain of MS Road & Race
    • Hayden Burvill of WEVO
    • Jim Brazeale of EASY
    • Scott Hendry of Scott’s Independent
    • Tom Woodford
    • Dr. Rodolfo Villalobos
    NOTE: My sincere apology to Jim Brazeale, Sherwood Lee and Jens Moeller who donated items towards the door prize drawing which I forgot to bring out. I take full responsibility for this oversight and rest assured, the items will be returned to them. (if I’ve forgotten or overlooked anyone, please accept my apology)

My sincere gratitude also goes to our Master of Ceremony, Rob Wolford who kept everyone entertained during the presentation. He sure was on fire with those quick witted jokes and friendly jabs and kept everyone in laughter. Kudos to you Rob.

This weekend was our 7th year of Treffen gatherings and it did lived up to our quest to bring you the best gathering of R Gruppe cars and their cool owners/members. I had a blast this weekend mingling with every one of you and meeting new members.

The combined force of R Gruppe and the 356 Club cars coming together for a special gathering will go down in the books as one of the premiere Porsche event in the West Coast this year. Thanks to Jeff Trask and the rest of the 356 Club officers for being open to bringing the two clubs together. This maybe the start of something good and could well be an annual event for both clubs in the future.

Lastly, this event could not have been a success without the volunteers who stepped up to the plate and I would to take this opportunity to again thank Bob Tilton, Ray Crawford, Thorsten Klein, Mr. and Mrs. Tommy Johnson, Alex Lobodosky, Bob Aines and last but not least, my “go to guy”, good friend and event chairman, John Gray and his wife Marti.

Thanks to both of you for your time and valuable help and never ending support in helping us make this year’s Carrera Panamericana 07 a huge success.

Long live RGruppe!!!

Respectfully yours,

Cris Huergas
    der Gruppemeister

p.s. As Jeff Trask noted, we were short 48 tickets and will be sending a refund for those who weren’t able to get their tickets. In addition, for those of you who did receive a lunch ticket but weren’t able to use it since there weren’t any more food left when you got in line, please let us know by sending me a private e-mail at: crgrp2@aol.com
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact]CRIS

Slo

As always, Great Event, Great People, Amazing Cars, just too much fun. Thanks to all of you for making this weekend another spectacular showing of Early 911 Cars.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

It was an awesome weekend, thanks to everyone that helped put the event together! More than worth the trip out from the East!
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Thanks, Big thanks..... to all those organizers and volunteers who work diligently to provide us the platform for this incredible event. The people make this happen. Listening to all the great conversations and the reactions from those new to the scene tell the story of how valuable these friendships are and how comfortable the group is together. It's about the people loving the marque and celebrating this passion together. 07 lived up to the billing...Well done!!!!!!!
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76