Thread: Need some help/info

Need some help/info

Hi people,

I'm looking for an 911 2.0 engine. And I found one, without carbs, hasn't run any miles/kms in several years.
    I'm not that concerned that the engine doesn't run anymore, but I don't know the value of this engine (without carbs).

Can anybody help me ? Are there also many differences (in value) between 2.0 T/S/.. ?

Regards Talitho

Absolutely, The S engine will command more and is the most sought after, especially for those with an S that had a transplant sometime during it's life. Depending on condition and period, I've seen bare cases go for $1000 to the right buyer. Then again I know of a 2.2 and 2.0 S motor that I can get for about $1000 each, but I'm not telling lol. Good luck on the rebuild, Allan
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

lots of little things that are different

The 2.0Ls engine had lots of stuff that was different from the standard 2.0L motor. You need to get a book that has all the specs. Here are just a few for you the engine case is bright alum. with out any paint on it. the tensoner housings are bright alum. also.the valve ports intake and exsaust ports are larger the 2.0L Of corse fan housing was red. True headers in side heater boxes yellow lable on distributor. A stanped (S) on the end of both cams. Rods were steel soft niteided brown color with a white S on side of each rod.I think that you can get most of the specs. on this web site or Bruce Anderson Book "Porsche 911 Performance Handbook" There was 3 different carb through the brife run 3C IDA (s) Weber/ 3C IDS Weber / and some early solax's. and a 66 stroke counterballanced crank. I think that the 69 2.0L engine did have a different case then the 1st engines the case and tensoner housing has a different material and shape.
    Grover #53
    1967,911-S

A 2 litre engine can have an aluminium or magnesium crankcases - which version are you looking at ?

If you post the engine type number (901/XX) we will be able to give a better indication as to its value.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks for the information people!

Well, I'm actually looking for an 901/22 901/21 crank case (magnesium that is). It's for an 911 R replica, which I want to build.

I think that your chances of finding either a set of 901/21 (906 slide valve) or 901/22 (911R) crankcases are pretty remote...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105