Thread: Seat experts unite - the ultimate hot rod seat?

Seat experts unite - the ultimate hot rod seat?

With all the hotrods being built, and the power output exceeding way beyond what the factory ever did in some situations - factory sport seats and in some cases Recaro buckets,911R style seats etc are getting to the point where they are NOT keeping up with the need IMO.

What do you guys think? Is it time to coordinate development of a bucket seat that exceeds the requirement - kind of like an RSR bucket on Steroids - deep,deep ,deep bolsters with shoulder support. Something new that looks old.............surely the time has come to develop such a creature rather than risk life and limb in a 35 year old original seat.

Lots of vendors popping up that are recreating their own vision of an R seat,ST seat or whatever.

Perhaps there is collective design input from the group and experience to launch an official R gruppe hotrod seat??

sounds a lot like the seats in my 69E - modern c/f race seats modded and trimmed to look like early recaro's.

some info here (2nd post)

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=15045

here's some pics. happy to take extra pics/measure etc
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

RSR replica seats

I believe Dave at TRE is making RSR replica seats.

Holes built in for lap and anti-submarine belts would be helpful.

More modern seats with the latest technology, but looking period correct would make for a nice hot rod upgrade. Especially for track days.

Regards,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

NLA Sparco Atlas is the best fitting seat I have found for myself. Chris Powell has one as well.

Divine...

Not period correct, but that's not what I'm thinking about when I need it.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

classic seat and safety regulations

Hi All,
    Due to the changes in PCA rules for their events and the same for the SCCA have we changed our newest seats to comply with the demands made by these bodies.
    All our bucket seats will have a lap belt hole and the option for the waist belt holes as well and for the proper guidance of the shoulder harnesses will we provide a device that can be mounted to our seats for all sporting events and afterwards de mounted and stored under the seat.
    This "Trips" device will be mounted directly to the frame and will be height adjustable for the proper guidance .
    Pete from PCA said that this as provided by us would be the way they wanted that the issue of seat and proper seat belt guidance could be adressed.
    When I have the first seats and the "Trips" device I will forward that to Pete for further inspection and hope that the SCCA will also approve of it.
    However liability is still on the customers as ......
    regards Stefan
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

Stefan, will the "trips device" fit your earlier seats?
    Greg DuPertuis

1972 911T
    Leesburg, VA

Ryan, I like 'em!

What sort of seats are they? Are the head rests an add on? I.e. did the trimmer pull the head rest receptacles from another pair of seats?

And finally who in Oz sells Scroth harnesses? I'm due for a new set....

Cheers

Cam
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

cam

i don't know much more about the seats. they were custom made for the PO about 10 years ago in NZ for something like $1800 bucks each! very comfortable and super light (PO has since tried to buy them back...)

ditto on the scroths - came with the car. race n' rally or rev racegear etc prob carriers them.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

seats for the R's

Hi All,
    With some modification that I can do will the "Trips" device fit to the earlier seats as well.Due to the 4 x M8 bolts it should also fit the additional back bracing that the PCA will want...but that has to be made custom according to the individual set up and roll bar.
    Personally I would even suggest the Sebring with some alterations for the Hot Rods,it's the replic of the Scheel and we could adapt shoulder support etc.
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com