Thread: good reason?

good reason?

I have a 73 2.4S Sporto matching number car with almost complete history and bills(no rust, it was sold and stayed in Dubai from 73 untill 1988).
    The car was fully restored in 2000 in original silver and everything completely rebuild, even the sporto(all the bills and pics).
    There are pictures of my car somewhere in an earlier thread here regarding sporto's.
    I put in a correct 73 manual box, SC alu suspension, plastic windows,St style replica driver seat, early Recaro pass seat, M471 doorpanels and carpets,....
    I kept all of the original parts.
    I do occasional track days with the car that why i added the lightness.

But last week I saw a Euro 964RS for sale, all original, right coulour, right price.
    Is this car a good reason to parts with the S?
    Does anyone have a good reason for not buying the RS and selling the S?

thanks for listening

I have the american version of the 964 RS, a Carrera Cup 964. I am going to sell one of my early cars either my 73 S, which is a RSR race car, or my RSR street hot rod, it's an painful process. I have driven my Cup car a little and it's very impressive car. I race with a guy that has 3 of them and he loves them.
    Cheers,
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by hgo
    Does anyone have a good reason for not buying the RS and selling the S?
    Sounds like a good trade to me. I would consider the same trade for my '71S if we had the 964 RS cars here (very few '93 US Cup cars come up for sale though).
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

People do import the Euro 964 RS cars, it's a pretty pricey deal. There is a Euro RS for sale right now in states for 75K. The US cup cars don't come up for sale very often, I got very lucky finding mine.
    Phil

964rs

Hgo,
    I own both a 2.4S and a Euro 964RS; I really feel it depends on which is the main use of your car. The 964 Rs is an exceptional car, light and precise like a dream, but it's bumpy and with no comfort in street use. The 2.4S is a better all-rounder.
    At the end, my answer at your last question is NO, there's no reason, the RS is a better car, but I hope belgian roads are smoother than italian ones
    Ciao
    Andrea