Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 98 Turbo S Beast available soon!

98 Turbo S Beast available soon!

1998 Porsche Targa 993 C2 only 21,000 mls. Very rare and unique. Upgraded to a Turbo S Spec and body design using only factory OEM Turbo S parts and body panels. No expense spared. This is one of Porsche's rarest combinations and also one of their finest production cars. This is the last year of the air-cooled Porsche as well. Collector quality done tastefully in the Turbo S flavor. Matched with Turbo S performance plus, with over 475+HP. Can gain up to 500+HP if programed or chip the ECU. Car converted into twin Turbo S using original matching numbers, engine and trans cases, but updated to full twin Turbo S Spec, including transmission. Tight performing ride with no, I mean no oil leaks whatsoever! I had all work professionally done with OEM parts by "Shawn" at Eurospeedz, By Design Performance and "Dan" at Speed Gallery. Here are some of the upgrades and modifications. -WED EURO RS CAM 5 BAR PRESSURE REGULATOR -LIGHTWEIGHT CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL -MODIFIED UPGRADED TURBO -DANSK STAINLESS TURBO EXHAUST - 19 X 10 AND 19 X 8.5 RUF WHEELS ON YOKOHAMAS AND CONTIS RUF ADJUSTABLE COIL OVER SUSPENSION FRONT AND REAR -RUF FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS -TURBO S BRAKES FRONT AND REAR -COLOR CODED SPORT SEATS -ORIG GAUGES EXCEPT THE TURBO S TACH WITH BUILT DIGITAL SPEEDO -CARBON FIBER INTERIOR UPGRADE. This is a driven car, not a garage queen.

I'm helping my pal (I cant believe I'm doing this because I dont want him to sell his baby) make this car available
    email questions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

This car has been on and off sale a few times in the recent past. I've seen it on eBay and Rennlist I think. No? Is this mileage from the rebuild or total for the car? Is this the actual mileage for the motor. What is the ballpark price?
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Please also, what's the title status? I seem to recall a similar car on ebay with a salvage or branded title.
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

3 times on fleabay reserve never met

$70K is what will do it........

Oh my apologies, I thought I had lifted all the text.....

This is a driven car, not a garage queen. If you're looking for a concourse showpiece move on, or let this car drive you to pure exhileration. I acquired the car in early 2002 at 9K mls with slight right front damage. I really could not believe they salvaged it for such a small loss. But hey, some folks want replacement or next to new. So it goes with insurance companies. Has and always had a clean California Title since I owned it, although Carfax will show the damage to the first owner as salvaged. PLEASE REFER TO PICTURES FOR SMALL DINGS AND DENTS PAINT IS GLOSSY BUT SUN WORN IN SOME PLACES WHY PAY 170K FOR A TURBO S WHEN YOU CAN GET TRICKER FOR LESS...I MEAN WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A 993 TARGA??? NOW HOW ABOUT A TWIN TURBO S TARGA??? THE LAST GREAT AIR COOLED PORSCHES WILL ALWAYS BE COLLECTIBLE AND THE ENVY OF MANY SO DONT HESITATE...GRAB THIS RARE CAR...SERIOUS PRICIPALS ONLY INSPECTION RECOMMENDED YOU MAY HAVE THE CAR INSPECTED BY A LOCAL RECOGNIZED AUTHORIZED PORSCHE REPAIR SHOP OR DEALERSHIP
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

about the damage

I remember when he first acquired it, right front end accident but really not deep into the structure. just a fender, a bumper a light and small misc..

a few Porschephile, and meister mechanics have seen this car and gave it thumbs way up, quoting one of them today "this ought to be a $100K+ car"

His first try on Ebay last Dec 06, got someone to bid up to see the reserve (was$75K..BIN $95K) and she freaked and wanted out immediatly with all kinds of excuses however I got her to pay the non-ref dep of $1K or else!!!
    Needless to say, she wont do that again! At that time bidding, aside from her exploration, had already reached $62K with 2 serious prospect with intelligent questions.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

title status is California and all clear

but Carfax will reveal its history. how that occured is a mystery to him and I.

small damage to first owner salvaged it back before he obtained it.
    The engine was built using the car's original matching numbers case.

Salvage or not this car is tight and smoking HOT
    Purist! hold your tongue...you only wish you had one!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO
    Salvage or not this car is tight and smoking HOT
    Purist! hold your tongue...you only wish you had one!
    I'm sure its smoking hot but that stain on the history of the car will affect its resale value when its time to move on. The asking price does not seem to reflect that.

Just my $0.02; neat looking car nonetheless and I'm sure its very fast.
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Is this thread (car, seller) a April Fool's joke?...just wondering

value? how exactly to put a value on this

or how much to take away?
    where to start?
    well to start $30K in engine building and parts
    RUF suspension, wheels $20K w/labor
    OEM sheet metal and body $15K
    now that's $65K right there ...do I need to go on>>.
    add the car $$$$

real Turbo S $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    this clone $$$$$$$

where's Ross Perot to explain it to ya like you were a 5 year old
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO
    ...do I need to go on>>.
    Please don't. I'm getting that same feeling reading this thread as I do when I go down to the local auto mall. Where's the nearest shower?

Really, I think you'd do better marketing this car somewhere else.