Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '67 S Coupe and '69 S Targa on Craigslist

'67 S Coupe and '69 S Targa on Craigslist

A couple of S's showed up today on the SF Bay Area Craigslist. No affliliation.

Porsche 911 S 1967 Coupe, # match, - $38500:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/333511440.html

Porsche 911 S Targa 1969 # match COA - $34500:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/333498970.html

I hope I haven't violated any board rules, if so it was unintentional. Thanks.

Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by RodKnock
    I hope I haven't violated any board rules, if so it was unintentional.
    Rodney:

These finds are generally appreciated. List away!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Yes, I believe he had another P-car listing on the local Craigslist within the past few months.

Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    The address for these cars shows as Healdsburg. Wonder if it's our old friend who had the RS with duplicate numbers of another car. What was the guy's name....???? Dr. Anton or something??

e
    Exactly what I was thinking, and I'm SURE it's the same wonderful person.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Ah, yes, Herr Doktor is back!

Funny, he always has made a point in the past of putting his name in the ad. When I went to look at his "pristine" 73 E, the 67S was in the garage (along with the infamous fake RS). This guy is a total wack-job. Run the other way.
    BTW, the "pristine" 73 E was one of the most rusted-out early 911s I have ever seen...and I would bet it was unsafe to drive. So, I wasted a day of my life and a tank of gas to discover this nut-case. I think the E went to Europe (boy, did somebody get a BIG SURPRISE). His name is Dr. Andreas Anton.
    BB
    William Q. Smith
    Early 911S Registry Member #986
    1969 911S - Bahama Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    Exactly what I was thinking, and I'm SURE it's the same wonderful person.
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly
    Funny, he always has made a point in the past of putting his name in the ad. When I went to look at his "pristine" 73 E, the 67S was in the garage (along with the infamous fake RS). This guy is a total wack-job. Run the other way.
    BTW, the "pristine" 73 E was one of the most rusted-out early 911s I have ever seen...and I would bet it was unsafe to drive. So, I wasted a day of my life and a tank of gas to discover this nut-case. I think the E went to Europe (boy, did somebody get a BIG SURPRISE). His name is Dr. Andreas Anton.
    BB
    It is "Dr." Anton. I verified his phone number (edit) as the one in the Craigs list ad. He scammed a friend of mine (lied is a better word) by TOTALLY misrepresenting a car that he sold to my friend.

I too wasted a day of my time and a tank of fuel during last summer's 115' heat wave to look at the FAKE RS. I questioned several things on the car and he told me that I obviously didn't know much about the RS (I only own two). Since then, he has had the balls to call me on several occasions to offer me "sweet deals". He claims that he is a "personal friend" of the Porsche family and he regularly refers to all Americans as idiots.

BEWARE, This is not a nice person and BTW ......He's NOT a Doctor as he claims!

Sop?

After he had that 73RS(that was a fake? didnt know! is there a thread on that one?) for sale he was also pushing what he claimed was an RS motor 911/83 with a 664XXX number.
    He said he had bought 3 of these new and had raced them in Europe and had them rebuilt in Germany because in his words "they (American P-techs)dont know anything about engine rebuilding the way Germans do it" he further said that he would never have work done here in the US.
    when I asked about the number being correspondent to a 74 Euro Carrera, He said that he'd gotten some flak about that on EBAY but he was unshaken and adamant about his claim that his engines were late 73 into 74 ...RS ordered engines.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

OH speaking of fakes

I just remembered what he thought I should know that there was 2000 1973 RS's registered in the USA stating bluntly, " Only 800 of those real cars are left so if you do the math that means that 19 out 20 of these so-called RS's here in the US that we see are fakes!, fakes I tell you, ALL fakes" and "so why are you wasting time buying RS engines,... you should really buy my REAL RS"

Did anybody investigate that car to see if it was genuine?? not that I was in any position to purchase it then but months later I came in to some dough and I could have talked myself into acquiring a rare piece like that instead of 19 cars!!!

He had the engine on Fleabay for buy-it-now at $16500 but over the phone was willing to entertain $13000 if I bought his 1970 S targa with a T motor for the same amount saying that " If you put that rs engine in that car and it will be better than an S motor, and you can get $50-60K on a $25K investment.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

While standing in his garage with two of my friends that suffered the wasted road trip with me, he admitted that there was another RS in Europe with the same number(chassis #406)

I commented to him that there was a disparity in the track of the rear wheels under the rear flares. The left rear wheel was inset almost two inches under the arch as compared to the right which was even with the lip of the right arch. He stated that all RS 2.7 light weights were that way and I mistaken

Sithot will probably give him a pass though !!!

How about this. a caravan to his place with all the experts. we carry big baseball bats and put a few well placed body modifications to his stable of fine automobiles.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser