Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Baja Rally Tour 07

POLL: Baja Rally Tour 07

Hi guys
    The time of year has come where we have to decide on joining the Baja Rally Tour. Last year's event , though small, was mighty with enthusiasm and fun. See www.bajarallytour.com for some details and pics.

The following is a brief itinerary of what we think will be one of the most fun events you can have driving your Porsches

Wed. Oct 3rd - Meet and greet late afternoon east of San Diego- Location TBA

Thursday Oct 4th am- backroads to Tecate for group crossing
    Baja Rally Tour towards Ensenada. Special event to be confirmed

Thursday nite- Spent in Ensenada- welcome party 1

Friday Oct 5 am- La Carrera Classica course, back to Ensenada, then across to San Felipe for the night- Welcome Party 2

Saturday Oct 6th- drive home back over much of the same terrific roads that got us here. Stay in San Diego Sat nite??

If entries are sufficient we plan on a flat bed tow truck support and other services just in case. We have support from the Ministry of Tourism and other important agencies

So... Who is going and what dates work for you?

so far it looks like Oct 3-5/6 (the 6th if you want to spend Sat nite in the San Diego area)

Hi
    With our impending shop move the the proximity of this event to the Palm Springs Run, the Baja Rally Tour if officially cancelled till 08. Thank you for the support- I will be posting the new date once things get settled in our new digs
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Well this is starting to shape up- some great people and cool cars going. 6/14/07
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

Dave - as I mentioned, Randy and I (and our wives) are interested. We need to figure out the logistics of the whole thing given our trip to Rennsport only a week or so before. I just don't understand why this event doesn't take off It sounds like an absolute blast to me!!

Dave,
    Since you asked....the mid-October timeline would work better for me,
    better travelling weather, not so close to Thanksgiving , plus my wife wants to wrap it into a Baja / Santa Barbara-Sideways wine country tour

Either way, I'll try & make it, hope an impact bumper car ( a lowly Targa )
    can tag along
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

thanks for the responses people. You are right Curt- this event is a LOT of fun for those who have participated in the past.

Let's see how others respond before I pull the plug. It takes me some time to organize this in advance so it goes smoothly

db
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

The Baja

Senior Dave,

You are truly the Zen Master of Great Drives. Having dealt with organizing drives and events myself, I can appreciate the logistics involved with this event. Could you give definite date options to consider, 2 or so, before you become too discouraged. Most people put off making plans ahead, especially the California people, mainly because there is so much activity in SoCal. I used to think the Ca. drivers were afraid to take their cars too far away from home That is not the case, just look at the last RGruppe gathering, everyone made it up and back ok. Just kidding guys.

I would like to attend this year, but need a little more scheduling info to pin down a commitment.

Lets show some support on this, opportunities to travel in Mexico are far and few between. This trip could be a blast!

Duane
    Duane Hyatt

count us IN!!!

Dave,
    Sorry not to be paying attention!!!??? Gloria and I will love to do the Baja with you and the gang. We're going to pass on RR# 3 (been there done that)
    ....how can we help you organize???
    E&G
    Ed Barnett
    RGruppe #124
    Northern California Racing Club
    American Racing Club
    Member, Northwest Hillclimb Association

Thank you Gents!
    I will look over the calendar and after checking with Ensenada and San Felipe Tourism groups make sure we have 1-2 dates to choose from.
    We are putting our time in organizing events like this to enjoy the cars and the people that own them.
    A lot of you are really terrific people and drive the cars in the manner they are supposed to be enjoyed (safely of course!)

BTW- There is precious little money being made (I keep telling myself that losing on each one only allows me to make it up in the volume of events we put on ! )

Will post more info soon. Please keep posting your interest
    all the best
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

I'm interested again. That was fun. Mid October will probably work best for me. Only thing I would ask is more driving, less eating and sightseeing. Not that I don't like eating down there!
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Regresar a Mexico

Hola Dave,
    Jaclyn and I are interested in Baja Rally Tour '07. We had a great time last year! Great roads & food! Good times! I'm also up for more driving but, asking Dave for more driving is like waving a red cape in front of a feisty bull! TORO! Actually, in this case it's about chasing the Evil Cucaracha you can never catch. First wknd in October (5-7th) works best for us.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    S. SCOTT STAMPER
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Early S #799
    R Gruppe #447
    72 911 T 3.0
    73 911 3.0 Turbo
    74 BMW 2002 TI
    79 930
    84 911 Turbo
    87 911 Carrera Coupe
    87 911 Turbo Coupe