Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the Ventura Show/German Auto Fest

Arrow the Ventura Show/German Auto Fest

Even though it's a littler over 3 months away it's time to put the the Ventura Show (GAF) on the calendar...

http://www.germanautofest.com/

Sounds like a great excuse for another road trip for some of you'all...

As always, the Registry will need some help running the booth for both days...

More info to come.......

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wink Dunkel Show?

Is this the meeting that replaces the Dunkel show? A way from Geneva, but looking into flight reservations...could be fun...

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milou
    Is this the meeting that replaces the Dunkel show?
    No, the "All European Car Show & Swap Meet" in Long Beach sort of replaced Dunkel's (which was irreplaceable, IMHO) and then the So Cal All Porsche Swap and Car Display tried to pick up the slack. These events were held in the Spring, and the Ventura event is in the Fall.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Nope Milou....

This is a stand alone September event that's been going on for years...

In February the L.A. Airport Hilton traditionally hoists the annual VW/Porsche Lit Fair on Saturday. For many years the 356 Registry and Peter Dunkel have hoisted a dinner event after the Lit Fair Saturday evening, then a swap meet/car show on the following Sunday. The last of these events was 4 years ago. For the next 2 years we had small events Saturday night and the All Euro Swap at Veterans Stadium in Long Beach on Sunday...

This last year the All Euro Swap was replaced for the first time with these two new "ALL PORSCHE" events organized by Jeff Trask and the 912 Registry... And they were GREAT

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=14573

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks Chuck and Tweed

I've been accumulating all these airmiles which I never use, I'm wondering if I should go to LA for the Ventura show and see how it compares to Essen! It's a long trip from Geneva but it seems to be a great show....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Thumbs up Essen and Ventura

Hi Milou,
    well Essen is first in the worst weather period...Ventura is in mostly sunny CA, than you do not have all the other cars we don't like...some we might like to see, but...this is strictly Porsche and a far more relaxed event than Essen...than you gonna meet all the Guys and Girls from this board...only a few make it to Essen and the best is the Drive through the hills..someone will take you along and the evening with the EarlyS and R Gruppe...you don't get that in Essen...hey and there is no Ocean near Essen for another 240 Km........Welcome to Ventura
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

Car washing and detail, Ventura Show

I will be coming down from Sonoma County. Is there anyplace to wash our cars at the Marriott? Or a detail shop near by? Thanks.
    Scott Peterson
    '75 911S 3.2 A/X & DE
    '02 996 Turbo - Wine Country Bomber
    '73 911T Targa *gone to Spain*

Exclamation Reserve NOW

I guess this has been posted on our web site... but like so many others, I havn't gone over there for awhile........ sorry......

This from John Dilger

We still have some rooms left at the Marriott for the week-end, $135.00 per night for single or double. This rate is only good for reservations made by Aug. 10. Please see the attachment for more information and email me for a parking pass. Please pass this on to any other members.

John Dilger
    Early 911S Registry
    R Gruppe

German Autofest at the Ventura Show
    Sept 8 & 9

The Ventura Show Presented by The German AutoFest is coming up on the 8th and 9th of Sept., www.TheVenturaShow.com. We will have the same drill as last year. We will stay at the same hotel as last year, the Ventura Marriott. The hotel enjoyed us so much last year that, again, we will have reserved parking in the front of the Hotel for both for Friday and Saturday nights. All of the self parking at the hotel is $10.00 and the valet parking is $15.00. The valet parking area is the same area that we parked in last year, in the front on the left side of the parking lot looking out from the front door. We will have a reserved area and be able to self park our cars in the valet parking area, but we will have to pay the $15.00 fee. For an additional $5.00 per night, this is a high level of safety. I have reserved 15 rooms for Friday and 30 rooms for Saturday night. Call the hotel directly and ask for the group rate for the Early 911S Registry, $135.00 single and double rooms ($10.00 less then last year). The code for this rate is EARS. Due to a change in the contract terms, these rates are only good until Aug. 10, SO CALL NOW.

The Early 911S Registry will have their booth set up in the same place as last year and we will have parking on the grass at the same location that we have had for the past 4 years for Early 911S Registry and RGruppe members’ cars. Please email me at johndilger@aol.com to request a parking pass/ car information sheet for your car. Fill this out and display it in the windshield of your car. This will ensure that you are directed to the Early 911S Registry/R-Gruppe parking area and makes our cars much more interesting for the “non-Porsche” people.

The Marriott Hotel is at 2055 Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001, phone 805-643-6000. The hotel is only 2 miles from the Fairgrounds. I have emailed this to the current lists I have for The Early 911S Registry and RGruppe members. Please forward this to any members you think I might have missed. Call me at 714-235-4981 Cell # with any questions, (I have a new cell phone that works both at home and at the office.)

John Dilger
    Early 911S Registry Newsletter Editor
    Early 911S Registry Member # 12
    RGruppe Member #87
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Exclamation

Got this from John Dilger last night:

I called the Marriott today and there are still some rooms left for Friday and Saturday nights. I was able to get the hotel to extend the special rate to Monday, so if your are going to the show give the Marriott a call. See the above attachment for all of the details.
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Exclamation We need your help !!!!!

OK,
    Here comes the bite, the straight arm, the hand in your pocket...

We need your help to set up your Registry booth early on Sat. the 8th...
    To take it down in the afternoon on Sun. the 9th...
    AND, most importantly, to help us man it for the both days...

This is the time to show your support and give something back for the ESSES, the group room rate at the Marriott, and the sponsoring of this message board......

As always, Mike Hammond, John Dilger, and myself will be doing the most of it... However, if there is a Registry/RGruppe 'drive in' from the Camarillo Airport Cafe again I would like to join you as the last 2 years... so we'd need the extra help for the Sat. morning set-up...

It's not much to ask...
    There will ALWAYS be one of us in the booth, but with your support, the 3 of us can take turns and actually enjoy some of the event...

Most of you'all come by for a 'chat and sit-down' anyway... and we love it!!!!...

So....If enough people commit to a couple of scheduled hours to help in the booth we'll have it covered...

PLEASE, volunteers contact John Dilger and confirm your commitment at:
    Johnilger@aol.com

Cheers and thanks for your support,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter