Thread: Buttonwillow Video from the GGR PCA TT.

Gburner

Buttonwillow Video from the GGR PCA TT.

I had a schedule conflict with the SDR TT at Spring Mtn so I had to use my first alternate, the GGR PCA TT at Buttonwillow.

On the track, in the pits and at the catered track BBQ I met a really great group of Porsche owners.
    The GGR Volunteers were very helpful and organized/executed a safe, efficient and fun event.
    When I can make it up to a Nor Cal track event it will be with GGR.

Couple videos....

Video of my timed lap, 2:00:09
    1st in class, second overall, TTOD was a GT3 cup at 1:58.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...owtimedlap.flv

Video chasing GGR Mike Cullinan's blue RSR street car.
    Nice like Eade's with a built 3.5.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...s59BlueRSR.flv

One more, a bit longer chasing Don Miraglia's blue and silver 935.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...nt=Dons935.flv

Looks great Mike. Thanks for sharing. Your fast lap at 2:00 flat was awesome. Great driving there. Having been in your car as a passenger, I can attest to how well balanced and sorted your car is. You must be very proud and satisfied to be driving the hell out of it after all the necessary prep work to get it where it is. Nice work all around bud.

Any plans of heading out this weekend for the STS 4 & 5 at Willow. If so, I'll see you there.....

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Oooh Crap....

...missunderstood the "time-conflict" in your other post over in the SOW-thread....Will and I "came out" of the "hills" not too far from Butt.....would have loved to come out and cheer you on....oh well,it looks like you didn't need any "cheering" anyway....Nice Going..../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Lars,

Are you planning to come out to Willow this weekend for STS4 & 5? I am rethinking this now and may do Sat (STS 4) only, especially considering the Concourse in Pasadena on Sun.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Gburner
    Hey Lars at Buttonwillow they would of popped ya for $10 at the gate to get in, hardly worth it.
    Minilites look cool.
    Chris good luck racing at STS SOW, when are you, Lars and Chuck gonna start posting some video of the tight racing you guys enjoy??
    Have fun and I'll see you guys at the track another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    Hey Lars at Buttonwillow they would of popped ya for $10 at the gate to get in, hardly worth it.
    If you're a Cal Club member, there is no gate fee for entering Buttonwillow.

Video of my timed lap, 2:00:09
    1st in class, second overall, TTOD was a GT3 cup at 1:58.
    Great videos, Mike! After riding in your car, I'm not surprised it took a GT3 Cup car to beat you.

You missed a sub-2:00 lap by a single tenth?!?!? How were your tires at the end? Did you have some faster laps in practice?

Great job,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    If you're a Cal Club member, there is no gate fee for entering Buttonwillow.

You missed a sub-2:00 lap by a single tenth?!?!? How were your tires at the end? Did you have some faster laps in practice?

Great job,
    TT
    Hey TT,
    What's it cost to join the Cal Club?
    I saw a trailer at Buttonwillow with that name on it?
    Can't find it on the Buttonwillow site, do you have a link with info?

Thanks TT, I only missed a sub 2:00 by 9/100ths not a whole tenth.
    A 159:9 sounds like it should be a second faster than a 2:00:01.
    V710 new on Saturday had 10 heat cycles by timed runs, they were good.
    It was my best time of the weekend.
    On video I (like all others) see room for improvement.
    Still getting familier with the new car, it's easy to drive fast.
    It was blast entering the esses first right turn flat out in 4th.

Imho Buttonwillow more fun that Big Willow.
    Best,
    Mike

What's it cost to join the Cal Club?
    They are Region 19 of the SCCA. It costs $60 to join SCCA (national) and $25 for the Cal Club (regional) dues. Website is http://www.calclub.com/ Membership app is here. They built and still own Buttonwillow, but it is operated by a separate corporation. Beside the free gate entry for Cal Club members, there are other discounts for test days, etc. If you run local SCCA solo events, you get a $10 discount on every entry for being an SCCA member, which is the main reason why I joined.

I only missed a sub 2:00 by 9/100ths not a whole tenth.
    Actually, 9/100ths puts you at 2 minutes flat, so you do need a tenth to get SUB-2:00, but who cares? That's still a smokin' time for that configuration. If I could get within 6 seconds of that with my car I would die happy.

Imho Buttonwillow more fun that Big Willow.
    If you liked BW better, you will LOVE Thunderhill. It's worth the 10 hour tow. GGR runs there a lot, too.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    Actually, 9/100ths puts you at 2 minutes flat, so you do need a tenth to get SUB-2:00, but who cares?
    If you liked BW better, you will LOVE Thunderhill. It's worth the 10 hour tow. GGR runs there a lot, too.
    TT

If I found 91/1000 would it be sub 2:00, would 96/1000 help average the tenth lower? Do people really think about this stuff?

Really jonesing for T-hill, all I need is a couple days off and a gasoline c/c.
    I have Hank Watts' track notes, he also has available a $25 DVD that's said to be a great help for T-hill 1st timers.
    Need to find a copy.

Thanks for the links TT, very helpful.
    See ya at the track,
    Mike