Thread: red lights in oil gauge?

red lights in oil gauge?

the owners manual for a 73 T E S shows that it has two red lights but fail to indicate which is which.
    what is the one at the top of the gauge for and what about the one at the lower part of the gauge with a circle and a G in it?
    I've read into the manual and it isnt clear
    I would assume the G is for generator but these cars have alternators?
    would appreciate your input on this

The top red light is still flashing and nothing I do seems to affect it.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

The light at the top should be white, it's the brake warning lamp. If it's flashing you probably have a wire to the handbrake that's grounding or a problem with the brakes.

The one at the bottom is red, it's the alternator warning lamp.

The circle and G is the international symbology they adopted a couple years prior, the G stands for "generator." Even though it's an alternator. I suppose they could have put "L" for Lichtsmaschine!

More here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...pressure+gauge
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Similar Threads

1. WTT: NOS Sportomatic LWB Gauge vs SWB gauge
    By andrea70 in forum Free, Trades, and Swaps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
  2. WTT: NOS Sportomatic LWB Gauge vs SWB gauge
    By andrea70 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM