Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana Point Show 2007

Thumbs up Dana Point Show 2007

Dana Point Show!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, believe it or not, it's time to make your plans for the ALWAYS AWESOME 356 Club Dana Point Concours Show.

As they have the last few years, Jeff Trask and Pete Mcnulty have been kind enough to RESERVE A SPOT ON THE GRASS for the EarlyS and RGRUPPE cars. The past few years, we've had a GREAT turnout - let's all do it again!

With blessings from our local CHAPTERMEISTER Ray Crawford, here's the GRUPPE plan:

PLace: Lantern Bay Park, Dana Point CA. (A BEAUTIFUL location, if you've never been, try and make it this year!)

Date: Sunday, July 8'th, 2007.

TIME: Arrive at 8:00am sharp!

Meet: The usual Spot - the Denny's at Hwy 5 and Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano. We need to ROLL at 7:30 SHARP, so make your arrival and breakfast plans accordingly. We must arrive AS A GRUPPPE. $20 entry fee PER CAR - we will pay when we arrive at the Park.

NEW THIS YEAR: Ray and I are working on a nice, twisty 1-2 hour drive!!! Figure we'll roll from the show around noon, hit the road, and go have lunch, place TBA. (We're thinking Rose Canyon Cantina.) If you know of any GREAT DRIVES to GREAT PLACES to eat, please send me PM!)

See everybody soon!

Let's get a head count - who's in???
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I am in. The Drive after sounds like a great idea!

Best,
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Awesome.....the "Pristine Posse" will be there...
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

ANOTHER fun weekend

Looks like this will be another great time.

I have heard that the 356 Registry will also be inviting some really "special" cars to Dana Point. Remember, the Parade is in San Diego the week before. Several cars have been asked to stay the week, come on up to Dana Point for the show.

Sooo, we have the 356 show, PLUS the So Cal S Registry/R Gruppe PLUS Parade cars attending EQUALS a great Porsche show.

As for additional events, out of towners making a weekend of the fun, we can plan a get together Saturday day, starting with Cars and Coffee, leading to dinner, Saturday night, stay tuned.

The drive Sunday will be a scenic hour plus drive, then dinner.

RSVP here, we can have a head count for dinner. Also any suggestions on dinner and routes. Stacy and I have one planned, but always looking to try new places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Click 2 for dinner and one (car) for the show.

TLG will be there in the Outlaw.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Bump

for what is shaping up to be a REALLY fun day....Cars at the park, DRIVE, lunch/dinner....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Make that 2 cars and 3 for dinner.

Looks like my Mom's getting in on the action as well...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Head count

I know it's VERY CLOSE to the Parade weekend, however, let's see if we can get a head count for dinner, lawn space, etc.... Who's IN? (that has not already RSVP'ed)
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    I know it's VERY CLOSE to the Parade weekend, however, let's see if we can get a head count for dinner, lawn space, etc.... Who's IN? (that has not already RSVP'ed)
    Cheri and I will be there, sounds like a good time
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Red face Change in plans....

Hay everyone....I hate to say this but my other job (see below in signature) calls on Sunday the 8th and I have to fufill my duties... but the place my band is playing at is prety close to the Dana Pt. show....maybe after enjoying the a.m. sun & fun some of you might want to stop on by for a quik bite to eat and something cold to drink..

Stacy's coordinating the day's post show activities, so no pressure....have a great day whatever everyone decides to do!!

For reference, Here's where I'll be at playin' da blues....

Sun July 8th 1-5pm

Mugs Away Saloon

27324 Camino Capistrano
    Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
    949-582-9716

Here is a mapquest link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=92677

Cheers!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335