Thread: 2007 Wine Country Classic

2007 Wine Country Classic

Anybody go to this event? Did you take pictures?? If so, please post them! I have been looking for more than a week now. and there is nothing!!
    Jim Calzia
    Early 911S Registry #51
    Former R Gruppe #41, now excommunicated

Hi Jim-

We went with our 1979 935 K-3. The IMSA race group was very impressive.
    Only had time for a few photo's in pit lane, hope you like them.

Bernie
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Bernd Buschen
    R Gruppe # 357
    71' 914-6 Original Owner
    70' 914-6 GT Stoddard Built
    69' 911E Scott's car
    70' 914-6 Sold

A few more...
    Bernd Buschen
    R Gruppe # 357
    71' 914-6 Original Owner
    69' 911E Scott's car
    70' 914-6 Sold

Thanks Bernie. Which car are you? I am the #9 car in your third picture. I was so busy all weekend I did not have a chance to take pictures. Thanks to you and the HMSA web site, that's all I've seen of the event!
    Jim Calzia
    Early 911S Registry #51

Jim-

We are the white #79 BP 935. I did find a few more of your car, here they are. If you want any in higher resolution let me know. BTW, how did you do in the race?
    Bernd Buschen
    R Gruppe # 357
    71' 914-6 Original Owner
    69' 911E Scott's car
    70' 914-6 Sold

Hi Bernie

Thanks for the pictures, and yes I do know the #79 car. I met Woody Perkins when he invited me to IMSA/FIA event in Sept. My son is getting married that weekend so I will have to miss that race this year. Are you going to Portland? I got my official invite this week, so I hope to see you there

I started 29th and finished 20th in Sunday's race at the Wine Country. As you know, Group 8 included a bunch of fast cars including 934/935s, Dekon Monzas, Chevron and Lola sport racers, and us RSRs. The #61 car (Richard Harris) and I were nose-to-tail for about 5 or 6 laps when about 4 Chevrons and a Monza showed up to lap us; I lost contact with Harris and that was the race! But man, it was fun while it lasted! I did see Woody parked in the weeds at Turn 3; I hope he and the car are OK!?

I have one picture of your car just to keep our exclusive thread going. Otherwise, see you in Portland
    Attachment 33380
    Jim Calzia
    Early 911S Registry #51

So Bernie, I'm surfing the web and find this pBase site on the 935s by Bernd Buschen, and CLICK, the lightbulb goes on! No wonder you take care of that 935--That's a great site and a great car! Would you send your e-mail address to jcalzia@usgs.gov so we can visit about Portland? Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon
    Jim Calzia
    Early 911S Registry #51