Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rally in the Valley review

Rally in the Valley review

I've just returned from the Rally in the Valley hosted by the "infamous" Sithot (Tom Bridgers). The event was an absolute blast form beginning to end. Tom had all the details sorted and well thought out.

Friday evening was spent at G&W Motorsports (incredible facility) with Wheldon and phyllis hosting a great cocktail party complete with gifts for the visitors.

Saturday morning we convoyed for several hours through the Blue Ridge Mountains along the 'Skyline Drive" and the Blue Ridge Parkway ending up in Lexington ( Home town of VMI)for lunch.

After lunch, I split off and took my son sight seeing to the Natural Bridge and then spent the late afternnon watching some hilbillies practice in their late models at a local 1/4 mile dirt(clay) oval.

Everyone met up at Tom's farm for an incredible feast capped off by a pretty nice fireworks display provided by some anonymous neighbor (I think). He had Le Mans playing on two large screens throughout the party.

This farm takes up a whole valley and is as beautiful as it gets. The property went as far as the eye could see, going from ridge to ridge. I felt like I was with the Cartwrights in a scene from Ponderosa (100+ head of cattle included)

The weather was in the 60s and low 70s all weekend with occasional 50 degree dips up in the mountain passes.

Tom capped (excuse the pun) off the event by giving every guest an event hat that is very nicely done.

If you missed this event, you missed a good one.

Thanks Tom,

Chuck

Bravo Tom and Theresa

Just got settled in at home after 761 more round trip miles in the seat of the niceT. Chuck's report was dead on!
    Made new friends, drove great roads, ate great food and hope it happens again next year.

Thanks to all who participated and special thanks to Tom and Theresa for being such great hosts!

Daron

+1 on what Chuck and Daron said.

I am sure that the real photographers will post a few pictures later tonight or tomorrow, but here are a couple teasers to give everyone the flavor of the weekend.

The first photo is (left to right) Chuck's '76 Turbo with John at the wheel and Tom (Sithot) navigating. Then Tom (Morgan) '73E, Chuck's '70S, our 993, Karl's "73 Targa, Chuck's silver '70S with Eric as pilot, and Daron's '73 T. Last but not least we decided to allow th Mustang Club to tag along with Shawn and Barbara. Actually, they got the Long Distance award for coming from Phoenix. And we did draw the line when a member of the Honda Element Club tried to join us!

The second shot is heading up the Blue Ridge Parkway for those that have not experienced its beauty.

Hal
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Hal Michael
    2008 Audi RS4
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    1970 911 Targa 2.7 (sold)

Thumbs up

Dam, missed another great party. You folks are living well!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    So I bring a Corvette to the Taj run, and Shawn and Barbie bring a Mustang to the Valley run?? Geez, I didn't mean to start a Detroit-iron trend here!

Looks like a helluva time - bravo to all involved!! More pics please!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

First a big thank you to Baron for trusting me with his incredible '70 S for the weekend. It was an incredible opportunity and while 'thank you' doesn't really cover it I am at a loss for anything better. That car, along with being beautiful, had power everywhere. I am so completely fired up to get my car done now! BTW, Nigel is an extremely mature young man and was very pleasant company.

Second big thanks goes to Tom for hosting. I hope we can do it again next year as i am already looking forward to it.

More to come including photos......
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

a few pics;
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

some more...
    Erik

Early S # 1107

not in any particular order...
    Erik

Early S # 1107

a final few....
    Erik

Early S # 1107