Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67 911 F/S no affiliation

67 911 F/S no affiliation

//www.californiacars.com/cardb/details.php?id=288
    Stan Carley
    69 911S

Looks like a nice clean car.

These are observations, not being critical, there are always alterations that may not be original over the years as with any older car.

On the exterior, the one that stands out to me is the newer ('68 - on) headlights; the 'federalize' sealed beam units without the lens covers. The standard headlight assemblies on the U.S. 66-67 911s/912s had the glass lens covers. On the interior, the carpet looks newer, but not original looking. Did the red engine cover id S models in 67 or common to all models?
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

That car was for sale on pca site a few months ago. A few non-original items I recall but a beautiful car.
    Phil

shroud color

Did the red engine cover id S models in 67 or common to all models?[/QUOTE]

The red cover was for S models only thruout the early line until 74 when their wasn't any U.S. model S's with red only green like the U.S. Carrera's.

I think that is why he mentions S somewhere in his ad maybe some internal parts changed to increase HP like a S.

His car is a 911.

Drive em.
    Scooter

In addtion to the headlights, carpet, airbox, fan shroud, tinted windows, and incorrect decklid emblem,
    Don't forget;
    the $600 - 1,500.oo to replace the original wood wheel,
    the $500+ needed for the correct muffler
    the $1,500 needed to purchase a correct set of chrome steel wheels from Brad Ripley at NLA in Nevada

Having said all that, it still looks like a nice car(classic color combo) IF in fact it is a rustfree West coast car.

With the aforementioned corrections, in todays market, this is likely a 35-40k car.

I think the price is probably not that unreasonable.

Chuck

The pass. side seat might be wrong as well. Not a big deal but since the interior seems to be re-upholstered, you have that material to match it since it has another red than mine original seats. Also does it seem to be the newer headrest, not the 356 style. The driver side door panel seems to miss the door pocket? Dashboard might have been cut for a bigger radio? Wipers park on the wrong side?

My main question would be, what is the engine serial number? Is it an alu case engine?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Baron
    In addtion to the headlights, carpet, airbox, fan shroud, tinted windows, and incorrect decklid emblem,
    Don't forget;
    the $600 - 1,500.oo to replace the original wood wheel,
    the $500+ needed for the correct muffler
    the $1,500 needed to purchase a correct set of chrome steel wheels from Brad Ripley at NLA in Nevada

Having said all that, it still looks like a nice car(classic color combo) IF in fact it is a rustfree West coast car.

With the aforementioned corrections, in todays market, this is likely a 35-40k car.

I think the price is probably not that unreasonable.

Chuck
    Chuck,
    $1500 for a set of chrome steel wheels is way high. Nice sets of steel wheels go for around $500-700. In fact, why go steel at all when you can a very nice set of restored Fuchs shallow 6's for that price. As for a nice wood steering wheel, I sold one of the nicest restored wood wheels in the world last Fall including perfect original butterfly horn button for $900 - that's the most I could get for it after shopping the wheel and posting it on EBay twice. The market for wood wheels is more like $500-900. The wood wheel was an option on the 67 911 anyway, not the base sticker wheel.

The wood wheel was an option on the 67 911 anyway,
    It's a 66 (Model). It's like a March 66 built car.

$1500 for a set of chrome steel wheels is way high. Nice sets of steel wheels go for around $500-700.
    Fresh rechromed 356/911 wheels w/o cores from NLA are about $250 + ship each. Times 5, will get you close to $1500. Of course you can sell the current wheels and are the nett costs less than $1400-1500.

I sold one of the nicest restored wood wheels in the world last Fall
    Last fall is like a lightyear in todays Porsche market

Just my $.02

Richard

I realize that prices keep going up, and have moved up since last Fall but I don't believe wood whgeels or steel wheels are worth the prices that you believe they are currently. So let's test the market for wood wheels right here. I have another wood wheel which I am willing to sell for $1250. Here are pic's
    Interested parties feel free to pm me.
    Attached Images Attached Images