Thread: Power Window Wiring Help

Power Window Wiring Help

Hi, does anyone know, or have a wiring diagram for a power window set up for a 71 911? I know the power comes through the number 3 fuse, but does it go through a relay before the switches? I have the wiring schematics for the car, but it shows the fuse, but nothing else. Pictures would be great, Thanks Allan
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

Cool

GB,
    I have power windows on my 70 S Coupe, probably the same as yours. I has problems with them when I first acquired the car (1989), and replaced both the double (drivers side) and single (passengers side) switches. I do not recall there being any relays in the circuit, just the switches and those flat sunroof-style motors, one each per door.
    They still operate slowly to this day, but I have put it down to some minor binding in the tracks that I have yet to remedy.
    Good luck, I will be interested to learn if there is more complication here than I found in my efforts.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Thanks Silver. My S came stock with manual windows, but I was able to get a set of period motors and regulators, and a set of NOS switches. The only thing I don't have is the harness. I figured out the circut, but I recall someone telling me that the wires from the motor went to a terminal block in the door (picture would be nice). As for slow motors, they come apart, and the grease tends to harden over time. I completely stripped the mechnism, cleaned it out, polished the contacts and re applied lithium grease and it made a big difference. Since I did a full restoration on the car, I also renewed the window felts, and the glass glides up and down effortlessly, so I think the motors should work nicely. Do you recall seeing a terminal block in the door? If so, can you describe it? Location? Thanks again Allan
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

I have a 72 S with factory power windows, there is no relay in the circuit, there is a terminal block in the door running diagonally across the large round opening. I can also copy you the first wiring diagram for power windows from 1969, and somewhere I have a picture of the terminal block, however that was back in the day of 35mm film. I will be glad to fix you up with all of this however you're going to have to wait until after I get back from Parade. Don't have time before hand.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ready for the Hunaudières manu72S's Avatar
    Hello

I have a 72S to, with factory power windows. I have checked them 5 years ago and there was not any relay. It is exactly this wiring diagram.

Manu

Hi,

There is no relay for the electric winders. It also runs in a separate loom and is not wrapped with any other wires so it is straight forward to add/remove. If adding check the car has the holes require to fit them.

HTH

Alan