Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 911E Cars for Sale

I could be mistaken, but I believe that this SAME seller has another dubious car listed for sale and at first, the replacement engine was NOT disclosed, but WAS discovered by knowledgeable members of this site.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon
    I agree with Daron, but I would take one additional step. I would post your description of your scenario after every ad this guy places here.Let people know what kind of experience you have had.It is not the norm for this Board,but,short of a lawyer,it won`t leave you much recourse.You were too damn nice in your description of your experience.His ads are always filled with hyperbole and grand descriptions of his cars.Call a spade a spade! Chase him over to Pelican and post this under Discussions section too!
    Thanks folks. I always gave Jack the benefit of the doubt. I thought ok the car doesn't run and I can see some rust right off the bat but maybe he is right when he tells me that is no big deal, but then we found more significant issues. So I posted my tale of woe over on the Pelican Board and they suggested I post here as well. To be frank I wasn't sure what to expect from the community. I didn't know if you guys were going to raise up in his defense and say that car sounds fine and the issues are normal for a $34,500 car. Jack obviously has quite a few cars and talks as if he is a respected member but on neither board has anyone said one nice thing about him.

I'll let you know what happens on the ebay side of things, who knows they might surprise us. Best, Yale

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris
    I read the eBay description, and I would not have expected the car to arrive not running, etc.

Too-clever sellers will avoid showing the unsatisfactory parts of the car. you'll note there is no photo of the driver's seat in the original ad.

What has the seller offered to do to make this right?
    Hello Eminence,

I meant to answer this last night. At first he offered to take the car back if I would pay him a "10% restocking charge", but then would not do that.

Best,

Yale

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon
    I agree with Baron, but I would take one additional step. I would post your description of your scenario after every ad this guy places here.Let people know what kind of experience you have had.It is not the norm for this Board,but,short of a lawyer,it won`t leave you much recourse.You were too damn nice in your description of your experience.His ads are always filled with hyperbole and grand descriptions of his cars.Call a spade a spade! Chase him over to Pelican and post this under Discussions section too!
    Yale,

Good idea, but way too much work. I think a call to your local MS13 chapter is probably in order ... and then just be done with it

This guy is sounding more and more like he is a good friend of the infamous Dr. Mengele in Healdsburg California.

Chuck

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Will someone that knows who this Jack guy is please do the rest of us a favor and post the name he uses on this board as well as the name he uses on Pelican? I don't want to diss the wrong person but want to know for certain who this apparently unscrupulous character is.

I imagine others will appreciate someone clearly identifying who this person is.

Thanks.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

It is mycarrera2.7rs on both boards.

Don't forget these alias'

Quote Originally Posted by yale

The description you see here and my phone conversations with Jack (J.P.) Molinier also known as Myeurostuff@hotmail.com, Mycarrera2.7rs, lucerne629, Jack@73rs.com and jack@european-classics.com did not prepare me for the car I received. Yale

Sell or Keep?

You have to determine what it would take to get the car to a 9 or better. If you can do it for less than $15k then you have $50k invested in a car that is probably worth $40k+ and will continue to appreciate. You also have to consider what it would cost to put MFI back to get those prices. And you could get some good money for the carbs if they are in decent rebuildable shape
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    Somebody with this many "handles", aliases or names is T R O U B L E.

How about starting a "round file" list of known bad actors?

Tom
    This guy came on Pelican a few years back and put up a weird post about buying 10-20 longhoods to provide for his kids' futures. He subsequently flipped 30 or more longhoods under a couple aliases. Mostly cosmetic minimalist makeovers, as I understand it. There are a handful of high volume flippers out there, and a couple of them 'push the envelope' in terms of mark-up.

BTW, for anyone interested, I can hook them up with a '72 E Targa for $20K that's a little better than the one described -- except for needing a repaint... when I broker a deal, I do it for a flat $500, and I probably broker 3 deals a year.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by sithot

How about starting a "round file" list of known bad actors?
    My personal (un) favorite is Unclezak up in Eugene (Bruce Mosieur), He has had five aliases on eBay, but is currently off the radar -- probably for repeatedly selling stolen cars. The one I bought from him cost me a lot to make right -- I had to buy the title from the owner. Unclezak told me he felt it was my fault for trusting him (seriously)!

Geoff Wattiker in Chapel Hill, NC has made a few enemies, as well. He is currently operating under a different name with the handle 're-porsche' on eBay.

Lots on both of these guys on Pelican and via Google searches.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute