Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 911E Cars for Sale

Start adding to this earlier "bad sellers" list...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=7782

PS - I give the seller credit for his fine print:

This is an as is/where is sale, please ask all questions before bidding, not after, make sure you have your finances in place, as full payment is due at close of auction by Bank wire transfer, no exceptions, do not assume anything, if in doubt ask for more information. The narative and pictures are for descriptive purposes only and are not intended to be part of any contract. This vehicle is sold without any implied or expressed warranty of any kind. If you do not intend to complete this purchase according to these terms, then please do not bid. There is no substitue for a personal inspection by yourself or an informed agent. Failure to do so is your responsibility, not mine. I dislike having to be so blunt, but ask questions and keep your expectations realistic and you will not be disappointed.

However, if Yale's story is true, I fault the seller for this LARGE PRINT at the top of the ad:

Wonderful original rust free Arizona 911E Targa
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

[QUOTE=Eminence Gris]This guy came on Pelican a few years back and put up a weird post about buying 10-20 longhoods to provide for his kids' futures. He subsequently flipped 30 or more longhoods under a couple aliases. Mostly cosmetic minimalist makeovers, as I understand it. There are a handful of high volume flippers out there, and a couple of them 'push the envelope' in terms of mark-up.

QUOTE]
    Tom,
    well guess what that is what I have been doing, got a few short hood in there to, but Carreras, so what I do is refine my collection, or tweek it if you will, cars come and go in and out of my collection, a little like a portfolio of shares you keep some you sell some. If I should make a profit it goes into the resto of another car. Some of your info is correct, some not, but that's ok. I don't do minimalist make overs, I do mechanical work so I can drive them, and full repay/interior/mechanical if I am going to keep them.
    FYI, Flippers don't push any enveloppes, the market is the market, and cars fetch what they bring.
    here is my handle the same on Pelican as here.

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa
    Start adding to this earlier "bad sellers" list...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=7782

PS - I give the seller credit for his fine print:

This is an as is/where is sale, please ask all questions before bidding, not after, make sure you have your finances in place, as full payment is due at close of auction by Bank wire transfer, no exceptions, do not assume anything, if in doubt ask for more information. The narative and pictures are for descriptive purposes only and are not intended to be part of any contract. This vehicle is sold without any implied or expressed warranty of any kind. If you do not intend to complete this purchase according to these terms, then please do not bid. There is no substitue for a personal inspection by yourself or an informed agent. Failure to do so is your responsibility, not mine. I dislike having to be so blunt, but ask questions and keep your expectations realistic and you will not be disappointed.

However, if Yale's story is true, I fault the seller for this LARGE PRINT at the top of the ad:

Wonderful original rust free Arizona 911E Targa
    Thanks for the praise, I try to make people accountable for their actions,
    hence the fine print,
    Yale's story is true he was expecting a different car in his mind, the fine print and the conversations I had with him, I knew he was expecting a near perfect car, which this was/is not, I told him so, and told him to have the car inspected to see if it meets his criteria.
    It is however a very good car with no rust issues. He has failed to show any areas of rust, I'm sorry a scrape on the underside of a steel spoiler, and a pulled a/c hose from the inner fender is not rust for a 35 year old car.
    I am confident that is there were such a thing as a Porsche People's Court here on this board, the car would be given the green light.
    Unfortunately there is no trial, and now this is happening. I am not the sort to hide from my obligations or be quiet about things, when I feel I am tried and convicted of wrong doings, I have not done.
    So stop with the inuendos, or the I hear this, or I think that, and the unfounded attacks, it's all to easy to sit at your computer and be smart and witty,
    and say mean things, just like it is easy to hit the buy now button on ebay.
    So construtive input please, think first, be nice, stop ripping into people, not only me, I see the way you go for blood, pack mentality,
    so if you have a fair and unbiased solution let's here it.
    If I have personally duped or stolen or misrepresented myself or my cars, again let's hear it.
    But only first hand people I have dealt with, a little support from those that do know me would help too.
    if we are going to have an inqusition, let's do it.

Dear Jack,

What I wonder is if as you say,

"I try to make people accountable for their actions,"

why not take responsibility for your words and pictures and not have disclaimers like this one below:

"The narative and pictures are for descriptive purposes only and are not intended to be part of any contract."

Best,

Yale

Quote Originally Posted by yale
    Dear Jack,

What I wonder is if as you say,

"I try to make people accountable for their actions,"

why not take responsibility for your words and pictures and not have disclaimers like this one below:

"The narative and pictures are for descriptive purposes only and are not intended to be part of any contract."

Best,

Yale
    I've just added you to my Buddy list, as i saw you were on line,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem
    here is the listing, with pictures,

Yale with all due respect I have tried to resolve this, and I asked you over and over again for pictures of the so called rusted areas, and all you have come up with is this one picture where the a/c line has been ripped down, it was not that way, as I would have had it re-attached and would have known that the underseal had failed under it.
    My disclaimer is there to make people aware of their actions, and give you the opportunity to have a look and decide for yourself if this is the car for you.
    If I missed the rust, shoot me the pictures and we can talk, all you have is one picture of the inner fender, no points of reference.
    But you have failed to show the so called rusted areas.
    Again if there is rust, then show it to me.

I don't need to be be bulied by this or any other board, to do the right thing,
    you know that and I recognise that it is them doing the mud slinging,
    so show me the rust, we are at the same stage we were over a month ago
    when I asked you to document the infestation,
    remember I even called your mechanic, which you accused me of not doing,
    later to be retracted, and he still has not called me back.
    I'm still here, not going anywhere, selling my house, moving or anything, I either answer my phone, you still have my number, or return calls promptly,
    so please, pretty please, take the car back to your mechanic, put it on a rack, call me so I can speak to your mechanic get detailed reference pictures of the problem areas,
    post them on the board, let's take a vote, rust no rust,whatever,
    if there is a senior knowledgeable registry member in your area, have him be in attendance, and have his input.

so please, pretty please, take the car back to your mechanic, put it on a rack, call me so I can speak to your mechanic get detailed reference pictures of the problem areas,
    post them on the board,let's take a vote, whatever, if there is a senior knowledgeable registry member in your area, have him look at it then.

Will do. Any volunteers out there reading this?

Best,

Yale

Yale,

This isn't the best part of this board to get your response.

Start a new post over in the "general" section requesting an Early S Registry member come take a look at this car at your mechanic's shop when it's up on a lift. You should also have your mechanic do a PPI (post purchase inspection) to note the good, the bad, and the potentially ugly. Get a leak down and compression check, (has a valve adjustment been done?) perhaps the engine has been sitting and just needs to be driven.

Perhaps the car is better than you think... perhaps not....

regards,
    Eric

Ive traded cars with Jack for several years. He bought my 73E a few months ago. An S registry lynching without all the facts does little for anyone. Yale, I know first hand how dissapointed you can be when a car is not exactly what you expect, we all do. They are rarely as nice as we hope they will be. If there is a real problem, based on an independant evaluation, give Jack a chance make good on it. I know he will. Im sorry this has happened, but I believe firmly that this will be resolved, and Yale will have the car that he wants.
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Yale,

Don't know you, never met you, never spoken to you. Having said that, I think that Jack has now given his side of the story and the ball is in your court. If you are serious about a resolution then stop whining on this forum and call his bluff.

I respectfully suggest that you take the car to a real shop that will have a certified mechanic do a REAL inspection or post purchase inspection (PPI) on a lift. You will have to pay a few hours labor BUT all of the cards will be on the table.

I see by your info that you are in NYC, so If it were me, I would schedule an appointment with Autosport Designs in Huntington Station (out on the Island) and take it there. Their number is 631.425.1555

They are well known on this site and they WILL NOT play favorites for either one of you. They are not about to sully their reputation over this squabble.

Since they are neutral, Jack can follow up with Autosport Designs after the inspection with any questions he might have.

Then you two can come to terms.

Fair enough Yale........ how about you, Jack?

The car is at Autohaus in NJ. They are PCA tech inspectors and are across the street from Paterak Bros who are on the PCA tech committee. How do folks feel about either one of those?

By the way Jack's claim that:

ebay kicked your claim out of it's court,

is not true. Here is a letter from ebays fraud department from today:

Yale,

As you may be aware, our company handles and investigates reimbursement requests made under eBay Motors' Vehicle Purchase Protection program. We have received your reimbursement request filed in regard to the 1973 Porsche 911 (eBay item #: 190160655487) that you purchased via eBay Motors from the user: myeurostuff.

Please note that I have attached an extended Reimbursement Request form that I will need you to complete and fax back to me at (205) 414-1377. We will need this information along with a copy of your bill of sale (if available) and proof of payment made to the seller to begin our investigation into your request. I would also recommend that you take some time to read over the Vehicle Purchase Protection eligibility guidelines as outlined on eBay Motors' website.

Please feel free to contact me at (205) 414-7054 with any questions you may have. I can be reached between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,

Bryan Benson
    Auction Insurance Agency
    (205) 414-7054 Phone
    (205) 414-1377 Fax
    BryanB@auctioninsurance.com

I would be more then happy to come to some resolution with Jack as I would have been from day one. Get out the pop corn.

All the best,

Yale